Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but gotta ask. I want a set of the two recoil springs for my .380 LCPII (about a year old, around 2700-3000 rounds through it) -- the Ruger shop website has only springs that say they're for LCP. Do the LCP and LCPII both use the same recoil springs? Don't want to order something that won't work. Thanks in advance for any replies!

·
Registered
64 Posts
from past reading I think that they use the same recoil spring, but I believe they use different hammer springs. I cannot find the source where I read that. I expect someone here will know. If the listing you saw has the part numbers you can tell if the springs have the same part numbers.

Reactions: PhilBill

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,633 Posts
A good question and I hope someone can recall the answer here. I can not locate my reference sheet now until I get back home. Before I would order I would call Ruger when they open up after the holiday. Some retailers do have staff that may answer your question before you place the order. I have too many spare parts laying around I did not return after ordering the wrong one. Get some data first and keep asking for information. Good luck and be safe.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just visited Ruger.com and found this parts list for the LCP. There is no separate list for the LCP II. That makes me think that they use the same parts. Her is the link; LCP-ShopRuger

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just visited Ruger.com and found this parts list for the LCP. There is no separate list for the LCP II. That makes me think that they use the same parts. Her is the link; LCP-ShopRuger
Yes, that's where I was shopping. There's no separate list for LCPII parts. I dunno. Guess I'll have to call Ruger after the holidays. Thanks, all!

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,633 Posts
That may be why I do not have a separate part sheet for the LCPII. I can not recall but my notes are not updated here in my range bag. The lady here at the range stated she has the same backup springs for both her LCP and LCPII in her bag. We do not have the 380 LCP's with us now so we can not look at them. Thanks for chiming in to help the OP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Allenr and rickclark28's posts, and looking at the Shop Ruger website again, I agree that the parts are the same. I have ordered what I need. Thanks for the info and help, Guys! (y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final update on the recoil springs if anyone else ever wonders -- yes, they are the same -- the springs fit the LCP and the LCPII. Mine now works like new. I wondered when they arrived because they are longer than the old ones, but the old ones had just compressed and set after 2000+ rounds. Thanks to all for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts