Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best ear protection a person can use while bird and duck hunting? I don't want to use ear muffs but something that fits in the ear canal and will let me hear normally but will block out the gun fire that is getting me deaf...... Thanks, Frank

·
Administrator
23,317 Posts
For ducks I just use foam plugs, for deer I have tried a few different types with limited success. I'm with you I can't do the muffs for hunting.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I like the Peltor Tactical 6 electronic model. Can be found under 70 bucks, magnify noises my old ears would not hear, blocks out the gunshot and keeps my ears warm in the winter. Use them for all the hunting I do.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have hearing damage from my time in service and from an industrial explosion. If I shoot without hearing protection it will make me physically sick. I have a service related disability from it. So I go nowhere without ear plugs or muffs. I like the electronic muffs the best but they aren't practical everywhere. My favorite funny saying is I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other. I need hearing aides and want good ones that block gun noise. Anyone got info on something like that? They would be great for shooting and running power tools. That would be the bomb so to speak.

·
Registered
164 Posts
just supress your rifle hahaha

·
Registered
549 Posts
The best solution I have found is "Sonic Ear Valves". They are less than $10.00, and are available at Wally World. They allow you to hear normal noised and conversations, but they shut down at 85 decibles. Sometimes, I even forget that I have them in.....Robin

·
Registered
574 Posts
Those Sonic Ear Valves sound interesting. I might have to have a look at those.

What do you guys think of these? Earpro Sonic Defenders Brownells sells them. For the price and because the reviews are good on them, I was thinking of trying them.

Hey Robin (aka Hawken), I just went looking for yours online, and found the same one's I referred to. Are yours from Walmart the same ones I link from Brownells? If so, I am going to get a pair for that price and try them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.