Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing that my b/d is 12/9/1943,i gave myself a present going to the range. put 150 rounds down range with no problems with the sr9. how meany rds is the barrel good for before replacement will adviced. all rds are plated reloads. thanks inadvance. have fun tomd1943

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
TomD ... First of all, happy early birthday. Secondly, the short answer to your barrel replacement question is:
1. If/when it becomes physically damaged in some way (poor maintenance, corrosive ammo, dropped, improper ammo, etc. - not round count related)
2. When it wears (because of round count) to the point where loss of accuracy becomes noticeable.

In relation to round count only, I have heard of many barrels going a 100,000 rounds or better without issue. From a personal perspective my highest original barrel round count pistols in my collection are:
1. MKIII512 at nearly 70,000 rounds
2. GSG 1911-22 at 31,000 rounds
3. P95 at nearly 13,000 rounds

Bottom line, if you properly maintain your SR9, the barrel will likely outlive you :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BuckJM53, thanks for the reply. don't know were the 70 years went! we have put alot of rds through the weapon. that is the onky way that i know of to get use to it. had a hard time to get the wife to understand that but she got the jest of it when she went for some S/D instursions with a instructor. when he put her up for some drills with FTF/FTE that he came up with. the weapon was purchased for H/D only. I was thinking of getting williams fire sights put on it but don't know if they would help with faster sight alinment? for she was taught to shot at center mass with both eyes open. I clean the pistol every time it is fired even if it is only 10 rds,checking reloads. thanks again for the reply. tomd1943

1 - 3 of 3 Posts