Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Boyd's stock I got for my Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223 went on so easily that I was very surprised. The fit was precise . I think the laminate is a great improvement over the factory plastic stock. I can't wait to get it out to the range.
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

Wood Air gun Trigger Art Sculpture

Air gun Wood Camera accessory Trigger Machine gun

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice, I like thumb-hole stocks.
This is my first one. I shoot this rifle from a bench typically. Accuracy was good even with the plastic stock. It looks better now so if accuracy just stays the same I'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Moving the barreled action of my Savage 110FP out of the crap plastic stock and into a Boyd's Laminate (not a thumbhole) was the best thing I ever did for it. I tried about everything with the oem stock, and never could keep it from warping and changing POI. Someday I might try putting some pillars into the laminate but .... that probably won't make much improvement with how I shoot these days and after about 5 years in the new stock it hasn't shifted POI yet.

Bruce

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moving the barreled action of my Savage 110FP out of the crap plastic stock and into a Boyd's Laminate (not a thumbhole) was the best thing I ever did for it. I tried about everything with the oem stock, and never could keep it from warping and changing POI. Someday I might try putting some pillars into the laminate but .... that probably won't make much improvement with how I shoot these days and after about 5 years in the new stock it hasn't shifted POI yet.

Bruce
I put my T/C Compass .243 into a Boyd's Prairie Hunter a while back. I have been very impressed with it. I decided to try the thumb-hole style on my varmint rifle.
Plant Air gun Machine gun Tree Military camouflage

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts