Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching Ebay a couple weeks ago I see a factory 30 round magazine listed with a "Buy it Now" about ten bucks less than normal. Ad looks legit, but knowing Ebay's policies I Am a bit curious. But I go ahead and hit the buy it now, the invoice comes in, I pay, all good. Three days later I receive a very nice new in factory packaging 30 round Ruger marked magazine. Since I like to leave good feedback for good sellers I try to leave feedback and it does not let me , says the item is unavailable for feedback! (Who'd of guessed!). So I write the seller and he is fine but got a spanking from Ebay on it. Apparently he plead ignorance and got by. Pretty funny since he had not even tried to skirt their restrictions in pictures or description, they just missed it for a while.
Anyhow, I found it humorous, and got a good mag for a great price!:D

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
It takes a bit for the thousands of folks they have in India looking at posts to get through them all and shut them down.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ebay has been killing auctions on anything they deem may be somewhat associated with assault weapons as per their definition. I got a Mini14 Folding stock that way, bought it, auction disappeared, showed up. Even 10/22 folding stocks they deem assault weapon parts. I sold some 30 round mags a while back, pre ban ones, and guy paid me, auction was cancelled, I had to track his address down in paypal, sent them with a handwritten note and my email address, and he emailed me 3 days later, saying he got them and Ebay was stupid lol.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've been burned by sellers on Ebay who don't send items I pay them for. No amount of complaining to seller or Ebay got my money back!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried to sell a Encore pistol barrel on there 2 years ago. 1st ad got canceled because I had unloaded brass included in the ad, so I posted it again without the brass. 2nd time they canceled it because someone said it was a rifle barrel. 3rd time it was canceled because they said it need to be listed under "ShotGun Parts" I gave up.

I almost listed it a 4th time with a pic. of the email add a note in bold uppercase letters saying that "I am posting it where I was told to, even though it is not supposed to be listed in ShotGun Parts category."

I have not listed anything since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts