Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Friend asked my opinion on a EC9 being offered for $230.00. I have a few Ruger's, but I'm not famliar with this model. First impulse is to tell him go for it, but I thought I'd ask around for advice from people who own one.. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Many people love them. Don't know if that is a good price as the LC9S had come down before the pandemic hit. Right now it probably is.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
The only real complaint I have about mine is it pinches my trigger finger when I shoot it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to suggest he get it. I let him shoot my CZ P-01 and Hellcat and he like both a lot, but when I quoted the price it went to "My Wife would never let me spend...."

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
It's a great gun, and the price is in line with what a friend just paid at a very friendly LGS. If your friend has large hands, and the finger extension is not enough, they make a great 3rd party extension from Garrison Grip.

Otherwise, a great little shooter, with what some folks (myself included) feel is a fantastic trigger.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's a great gun, and the price is in line with what a friend just paid at a very friendly LGS. If your friend has large hands, and the finger extension is not enough, they make a great 3rd party extension from Garrison Grip.

Otherwise, a great little shooter, with what some folks (myself included) feel is a fantastic trigger.
Instead of the extension you could use a 9 round magazine also.
I have a LC9s Pro and my wife has the EC9s. I liked the EC9s so much I bought the LC9s Pro when one popped up locally.
Price seems about right.
ec9s 2.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use the 9 round Ruger mags also, my wife used the smaller stock mag and likes it better. Like anything, look at the options.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
Instead of the extension you could use a 9 round magazine also... I liked the EC9s so much I bought the LC9s Pro when one popped up locally.
In order: I agree with the 9rnd Mags, though they are even more of a jump in size and even weight, when you add in 2 extra rounds. I carry a 9 as my spare.

Also, LC9s Pro = Win! The final evolution of the LC9. It is my favorite EDC.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had my EC9s for over a year now and it's never failed to do anything. I carry it daily. The sights sucked so I put white nail polish on them; helps a lot. Good gun, good price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts