Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been carrying my ec9s now for a year with 850 rounds through it.

When my wife gets sweaty hands at the range she has a tough time gripping the gun. tried adding a hogue grip but it has not helped. I know there is grip tape style additions that may help. any recommendations are welcome.

I also ran into a issue last night where it seemed that my take down pin window came out of place and would not go down fully to remove the pin. Ended up having to pry it out, clean the recessed area and lube a small pin/spring in there and reinserting it to get it to work correctly. Has this happen to anyone else?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hogue Beavertail grip works very well for me and my large hands (https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/handall/beavertail/s-w-m-p-shield-9mm-40-ruger-lc9-ec9/s-w-m-p-shield-9mm-40-ruger-lc90-ec9-handall-beavertail-grip-sleeve-black ).

Installation takes some effort as by design it fits VERY tightly and covers lots of the grip. They have a video on how to install: heat the grip, apply windex, and one I did not know about, use plastic packaging to ease install.

I also have Pachmyr sleeve on an LC9. It works fine and is easier to install as it covers less of the handle. The Hogue just fits my hands better. ( https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/pachmayr/handgun-grips/semi-auto-grips?itemnumber=1202 ).

As to the disassembly pin cover getting wedged as bad as you describe, I've never had that happen. It and the pin were initially difficult to undo, but once I got used to it and lubed the pin, it's not so bad now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't know how a double post happened. Hasn't before here for me. But the main one is the next one.

Mods/admins, feel free -- please -- to delete this one.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re "sweaty hands". Maybe a towel, or just rub hand on shirt or trouser?

I'm not trying to be cute or disrespectful. But at the range, sweaty hands result after a fair amount of shooting, I'm guessing, and can be resolved. Not in a SD situation, obviously. But at the range.

I haven't purchased my EC9 yet. Still pricing and working on the budget. (Can't wait, though; see avatar.) I suspect the stock grips will work for me. I owned an LC9s, and they fit great. I have smaller hands for a guy, and they never sweat.

But if I need/want a grip treatment, I'll try those Hogue Beavertails first.

Why? I put a Hogue Monogrip on a SW642 once. Made it manageable. I became a Hogue fan then.

·
Registered
517 Posts
PIG shooting gloves are fantastic. I wear them in the cold months when my hands get very dry. Same idea though....if u get the correct size they fit nice and snug. Great help with grip.

·
Registered
457 Posts
PIG shooting gloves are fantastic. I wear them in the cold months when my hands get very dry. Same idea though....if u get the correct size they fit nice and snug. Great help with grip.
Wow. I really like these. I'd never heard of them until now. Up where I live, I wear some kind of glove -- insulated or not -- year round, especially in the woods where I spend as much time as possible (even lightweight gloves in the dog days of August for mosquito protection). I can see these being an inner glove inside of heavy mittens even for winter.

Here's a good page with information about them where I just spent about 15 minutes. Especially check out the 5 minute video. I've added a pair to my want list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts