Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m pondering the likely impending doom to our 2nd amendment. I know there’s a good chance creepy joe will try to enforce magazine restrictions. So I got to wondering how that affects people’s carry guns. Do people still carry full size and compacts capable of carrying over 10 rounds but just use their neutered mags instead? Or does everyone just downsize with the laws and carry their sub compacts,single stacks and revolvers?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
If mags over 10 rounds are banned, I will still be carrying my Shield with Magguts +2 spring kit. I wouldn't carry with anything over 10 rounds capacity. If old Joe has his way, larger capacity magazines will be added to the NFA and you might as well be caught with an unregistered machine gun.

• Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Biden and Harris want NY style gun laws across the nation. We have 10 round mags that are not allowed to hold more than 7 rounds and AR’s with fixed magazines.
I am retiring this year and was hoping to get out of NewYorkistan. It seems that Biden and his ilk are taking these crappy laws across our great nation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Normally I would say there is little chance of this making it past the SCOTUS. The problem is that it's all up to Georgia, and Atlanta has shown its willingness to cheat. As long as R holds the Senate and prevents court packing, just as the 9th Circuit struck down CA's law, which is being appealed, and ultimately will make its way to the SCOTUS.

So, if R wins GA, don't fret. And Joe isn't president yet; the media keep saying so. Lots of investigation going on.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If this restriction happens. If you put a plug in a higher cap mag to make it 10 rounds. I wonder if that would be legal.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You don't remember the 10 round restrictions , and all the pesky rules and nit picking regulations we had from 1994 to 2004 ... how soon some people forget the past .
The rules , regulations and restrictions affected everyone EXCEPT the criminals ... criminals are exempt from laws which hinder their rights ... the rest of us must suffer .
Gary

·
Registered
634 Posts
I didn't follow gun laws back then. I owned a 2 shot guns. Couple 22 rifles. 30.06 rifle. And a Ruger SBH. Got into expanding my collection the last 4 years.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I didn't follow gun laws back then. I owned a 2 shot guns. Couple 22 rifles. 30.06 rifle. And a Ruger SBH. Got into expanding my collection the last 4 years.
I didn't own any firearms with over 10 round capacity either but I kept aware of what the gun ban people were doing ... banning things a little at a time is their way . They are in power and have the media behind them , "The pen is mightier than the sword" the pen elected a president and will destroy your rights to own a firearm ...any firearm .
I had then or have now no hi-cap magazines but should I not fight for your right to own one ... Don't let others fight the fight ... get informed , stay informed ...Ignorance isn't bliss .
Gary

·
Registered
156 Posts
Everyone should have been stocking up on normal capacity mags the last 16 years.
Having normal AR mags cost $80 during the Clinton years should have been a sign of things yet to come.

As mentioned above if we lose tge GA Senate runoff this ngs are going to get ugly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You don't remember the 10 round restrictions , and all the pesky rules and nit picking regulations we had from 1994 to 2004 ... how soon some people forget the past .
The rules , regulations and restrictions affected everyone EXCEPT the criminals ... criminals are exempt from laws which hinder their rights ... the rest of us must suffer .
Gary
Haha I was in preschool in 1994. But I have read a good deal the ‘94 gun ban. No effects on crime, in fact we have less now than in ‘94. It is not about keeping us safe, it’s about disarming the militia.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure how your state and local laws were changed by the influence of the national law, but for places out here in Fly Over Country, the national law was no more manufacture or importation of 11+ round magazines and evil black rifles. Anything that was manufactured or imported before the cutoff date was legal for sale, at whatever inflated price could be charged. Use or possession of any 11+ round magazine or evil black rifle that had been imported or domestically manufactured before the cutoff date was not illegal. The remembering of 1994 was that the manufacturers and dealers stockpiled and had the forbidden fruit available well into 1999.

Chairman Joe is telling the world that his executive orders will end possession and use of the things he intends to ban. It's not the same.
I would expect Fly Over Country to declare sanctuary status and refuse to enforce Chairman Joe's executive orders, a lot like the coastal cities and states did with immigration enforcement. This will expose the lack of a national police force as a serious weakness in the power of executive orders.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I expect that I will still EDC my 8+1 Kimber Custom or my 5 (x .44 Spec) S7W 696 no matter what changes .... or doesn't.

Bruce

·
Registered
340 Posts
Normally I would say there is little chance of this making it past the SCOTUS. The problem is that it's all up to Georgia, and Atlanta has shown its willingness to cheat. As long as R holds the Senate and prevents court packing, just as the 9th Circuit struck down CA's law, which is being appealed, and ultimately will make its way to the SCOTUS.

So, if R wins GA, don't fret. And Joe isn't president yet; the media keep saying so. Lots of investigation going on.
This. R’s will hold the senate, and retake the house in two years. And we are seeing why appointments to the SCOTUS can be critical. We now don’t have to bank our hopes on Roberts voting the right way.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
If this restriction happens. If you put a plug in a higher cap mag to make it 10 rounds. I wonder if that would be legal.

It is, now, as long as it's permanent, but who knows when the communists take over.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This. R’s will hold the senate, and retake the house in two years. And we are seeing why appointments to the SCOTUS can be critical. We now don’t have to bank our hopes on Roberts voting the right way.
I wish I could be as hopeful as you.
Kavenaugh (sp) is appearing to be Roberts 2.0 and with Atlanta being involved in the voting process for the senate, I'm not feeling so good.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fear Not !! Ruger's got us covered with factory 1 - round magazine:

(except for CT, Ruger states not able to sell)
First off: let me say that the last two posts of yours that I’ve read have made me literally laugh out loud :LOL:.

Next: I would just say that it’s incredibly important for all responsible gun owners to abide by both federal and state laws when using guns for self defense purposes, whether or not you agree with those laws. If magazine restrictions become federally enforced, I plan to swap out my 20 round 9mm with one of my 6 round revolvers for home defense purposes.

Lastly: If mag restrictions are indeed on the horizon, I’m going to view it as an excuse to hit the range more frequently, so I do the most I possibly can with those six shots! (Or 12 including the six in my speed loader or moon clip).

1 - 20 of 102 Posts