Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
It can and will eventually happen here. Because people like you will make it happen, You are too ignorant to seethat you are fighting a battle that can not be won.
I'm not going to attack your service. That is not going to happen. But you are the one looking through a distorted lens about the state of the USA. 1. people like me aren't going to bring the tyranny on. How you have come up with that.... who knows, and who cares. 2. If you know anyone in the FBI or ATF and other organizations, and you asked them what their worst fears are, their answers will be quick and it will be Ruby Ridge, Waco. It's not riots in the streets by useful idiots and of brainwashed victims of systemic racism. Do you remember how the Feds backed off on the road during one of the confrontations over the cattle. Do you have the slightest idea why they backed off? It was cause they were all about to get killed. Push came to shove and they realized they were about to lose and they smartly retreated. In your warped view of the almighty powerful govermnent and how they will roll over and crush everyone, even in the Obama years, why didn't they come back with tanks? Cause they know an armed battle with civilians defending their rights is a lose lose situation no matter what... something they seemed to have learned from previous utter failures. My friends tell me there is nothing that scares the bureaucrats in the upper echelons more than getting into it... ever again. It's all fun and games instilling the fear in people like you who know they best comply, but they know their limits. It's funny to hear people like you talk about how the government will just overwhelm you with swat and this and that and crush you, kill you, put you in jail for the rest of your life. You can live in your fear. Quietly though, you will be rooting for the people who stand up. And unlike you who already crafted your white surrender flag, there are people that have no idea what they will do until push comes to shove. So have at it with your insults and pat yourself on the back with your edumacated readin smarts... it is hilarious.

·
Registered
372 Posts
So rather than attack me...answer the question. Are you going to sacrifice your family, job, home, future and possible your life to keep your firearm...because that is what you will have to do if they decide to take them, well.....I didn't think so.
If I have to... you can believe that!! You have got to be kidding if you think I'm going to live in some liberal prison. I'm not one of these tin foil hat conspiracy theorists or someone who is just waiting for something to happen. I love my life right now. I mind my business, but if the gov't wants to make me a felon overnight without any constitutional basis for doing so, I'll deal with that when it comes time. And just so you know, when the gov't does act like that, and you accept it, that is when you have lost everything. It's funny how differently we see things. lol

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
That what is good about America..you have choices
Just because your so eager to comply in no way obligates me, sorry.
Being able to foresee how everyone else WILL respond must have been handy all those years you spent "taking out the garbage " but your abilities seem to have dwindled. Embellishing a bit yourself maybe?
Presuming to know how an opponent will react doesn't have a great track record historically.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welp, it turns out that it ain’t just millennials that are trolls, they can be 60yrs old. The cards will fall where they may. I just wanted to know what people like to carry in states with restrictions. Kinda thinkin a lightweight commander 1911 in 45acp seems like a sexy option.....
I like the G29 or the G30. For small the G26. All of them are designed from the ground up to be ten rounds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Snake Pleskin said "... I have competed in many "traditional" shooting sports and never found the need to have an AR or AK, with 30 rd mags, though I do own both. I am just honest and realistic. I did my time as an Officer in the Marines,(nam 71) and 12-13 yrs in the DOD...taking out the garbage. I know what these arms are designed for..and it is not hunting. So get real and stop lying to yourself. I have several in the safe, and rarely if ever use them. I have them because I am a "trainer" and need to be familiar with different platforms...that is the only reason. There is NOTHING in the shooting world that requires an AR/AK platform, except that "we" have invented new games to utilize them. ..."
I too am a veteran, but you must have failed civics class or been taught it by a liberal because the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Paul Revere did not ride to let the Colonists know the British were coming to take their deer rifles to prevent them from hunting, they were coming for their military supplies, including their arms so they could not resist the British. The liberals will start with AR/AKs, then all semi autos, then pumps and lever actions, then bolt guns and then single shots. Why, because none of these incremental bans will work to limit crimes because criminals will continue to be CRIMINALS. The locks on your doors only keep out honest people, they merely slow down criminals, likewise with gun laws. The only wau to stop crime is to remove the criminals from society, something liberals do not want to do based on their track record of early release and lack of enforcement, their cry to defund the police.
When the government seeks to prohibit its citizens from being armed they no longer are citizens, they are slaves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If I have to... you can believe that!! You have got to be kidding if you think I'm going to live in some liberal prison. I'm not one of these tin foil hat conspiracy theorists or someone who is just waiting for something to happen. I love my life right now. I mind my business, but if the gov't wants to make me a felon overnight without any constitutional basis for doing so, I'll deal with that when it comes time. And just so you know, when the gov't does act like that, and you accept it, that is when you have lost everything. It's funny how differently we see things. lol
While his/her cognitive dissonance is humorous, it's "intellectuals" like him/her that are destroying this country and it's future.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Snake Pleskin said "... I have competed in many "traditional" shooting sports and never found the need to have an AR or AK, with 30 rd mags, though I do own both. I am just honest and realistic. I did my time as an Officer in the Marines,(nam 71) and 12-13 yrs in the DOD...taking out the garbage. I know what these arms are designed for..and it is not hunting. So get real and stop lying to yourself. I have several in the safe, and rarely if ever use them. I have them because I am a "trainer" and need to be familiar with different platforms...that is the only reason. There is NOTHING in the shooting world that requires an AR/AK platform, except that "we" have invented new games to utilize them. ..."
I too am a veteran, but you must have failed civics class or been taught it by a liberal because the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Paul Revere did not ride to let the Colonists know the British were coming to take their deer rifles to prevent them from hunting, they were coming for their military supplies, including their arms so they could not resist the British. The liberals will start with AR/AKs, then all semi autos, then pumps and lever actions, then bolt guns and then single shots. Why, because none of these incremental bans will work to limit crimes because criminals will continue to be CRIMINALS. The locks on your doors only keep out honest people, they merely slow down criminals, likewise with gun laws. The only wau to stop crime is to remove the criminals from society, something liberals do not want to do based on their track record of early release and lack of enforcement, their cry to defund the police.
When the government seeks to prohibit its citizens from being armed they no longer are citizens, they are slaves.
Classic appeal from authority argument, logical fallacy at its finest. I'm sure he is just hoping to get eaten last by the crocodile.

·
Registered
372 Posts
While his/her cognitive dissonance is humorous, it's "intellectuals" like him/her that are destroying this country and it's future.
I agree. They seem to have no idea they have been indoctrinated. He has a future as the communications director for Operation Confiscation. lol All he has to do is copy and paste some of the stuff he wrote on this thread and make a few posters about what will happen to anyone who resists... and put them on billboards nationwide. But to be fair, most liberals have no concept on what being American is all about. Their captors keep them too busy worrying about everything and they dare not get out of step. I left a state like that... it is just sad... I can't imagine being an American with less rights than people in other states.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree. They seem to have no idea they have been indoctrinated. He have a future as the communications director for Operation Confiscation. lol All he has to do is copy and paste some of the stuff he wrote on this thread and make a few posters about what will happen to anyone who resists... and put them on billboards nationwide. But to be fair, most liberals have no concept on what being American is all about. Their captors keep them too busy worrying about everything and they dare not get out of step. I left a state like that... it is just sad... I can't imagine being an American with less rights than people in other states.
It seems to me, that people like him get their kicks from supposed superiority. As the late great John Prine said: People putting people down. Those types believe to their core that they are superior and they know what is best for the rest of us. His lack of historical context shows that he has no idea what happens to the compromisers when totalitarian regimes take hold. Generally they are against the wall with anyone else who isn't a true believer or an elite.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
For those who now find it necessary, I have found that if you click on a 'member' you find obnoxious you can then click to IGNORE all of their posts. I had never found a reason to do this on this forum .... until today.

Bruce
I agree. Actually surprised he hasn't been banded yet. Just another troll that needs to get a life.

I'm waiting for sleepy Joe to send a Tomcat for my old musket. ;)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
It seems to me, that people like him get their kicks from supposed superiority. As the late great John Prine said: People putting people down. Those types believe to their core that they are superior and they know what is best for the rest of us. His lack of historical context shows that he has no idea what happens to the compromisers when totalitarian regimes take hold. Generally they are against the wall with anyone else who isn't a true believer or an elite.
Very true. They are first to go because they are the easiest
sheep to round up.

As for mag restrictions. I'm not swapping out anything that came standard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are "believers" in their platform. period. They are no different that anyone else, and that includes you and me, except they believe what they are doing is right and what we believe in is wrong. Try and remember that 50% of America voted for this platform....like it or not. Look around you...see alot of new hunters, people wanting to target shoot, compete in standard shooting sports, or do yo see alot of wannabe running around with an AR or Ak thinking they are Ricky Ranger and living in their own world of fantasy and denial, and thinking everything should be tactical tactical tactical..please it is pathetic. I have competed in many "traditional" shooting sports and never found the need to have an AR or AK, with 30 rd mags, though I do own both. I am just honest and realistic. I did my time as an Officer in the Marines,(nam 71) and 12-13 yrs in the DOD...taking out the garbage. I know what these arms are designed for..and it is not hunting. So get real and stop lying to yourself. I have several in the safe, and rarely if ever use them. I have them because I am a "trainer" and need to be familiar with different platforms...that is the only reason. There is NOTHING in the shooting world that requires an AR/AK platform, except that "we" have invented new games to utilize them. We provided solutions to problems that did not exist. If you were honest, you would know what i am saying is true.
The Feral hog population is exploding in the Southern States, and their habitat is expanding to the North. The hog hunters rifle of choice is the AR. Sure, you could hunt hogs with any kind of rifle..but they don't. I know quite a few of them, hog hunting is as much about their ARs as it is about the hogs they hunt with them. They don't hunt hogs for food, they hunt for sport / for fun. A vast majority of them will stop hunting the hogs if you take their toys away, and take the fun out of it. Over 170,000 deer are harvested in Ohio alone each year. How many rabbits, how many squirrels, etc.. Lets use our heads for something besides a hat rack... If the libtards want to see what America looks like without guns...lets show them. Stop hunting for a few years. The critters will be eating the bumpers off their little battery cars... There will be thousand more people killed in deer strikes on our highways each year..than by ARs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Feral hog population is exploding in the Southern States, and their habitat is expanding to the North. The hog hunters rifle of choice is the AR. Sure, you could hunt hogs with any kind of rifle..but they don't. I know quite a few of them, hog hunting is as much about their ARs as it is about the hogs they hunt with them. They don't hunt hogs for food, they hunt for sport / for fun. A vast majority of them will stop hunting the hogs if you take their toys away, and take the fun out of it. Over 170,000 deer are harvested in Ohio alone each year. How many rabbits, how many squirrels, etc.. Lets use our heads for something besides a hat rack... If the libtards want to see what America looks like without guns...lets show them. Stop hunting for a few years. The critters will be eating the bumpers off their little battery cars... There will be thousand more people killed in deer strikes on our highways each year..than by ARs.
There already are orders of magnitude more people killed and injured in automotive accidents with wildlife than injured by an AR pattern rifle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There already are orders of magnitude more people killed and injured in automotive accidents with wildlife than injured by an AR pattern rifle.
True.. I was really trying to make the point that ARs are a widely used hunting rifle.. And also..it's not safe to hunt hogs with a 10 rnd mag. They are quick, have razor sharp tusks, often takes more than 1 rnd to drop them. and you are likely to encounter several of them together.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
True.. I was really trying to make the point that ARs are a widely used hunting rifle.. And also..it's not safe to hunt hogs with a 10 rnd mag. They are quick, have razor sharp tusks, often takes more than 1 rnd to drop them. and you are likely to encounter several of them together.
Same goes for Coyote around here. They get more attention when city people start loosing their house pets and they spread garbage all over.

Reactions: Frank2041

·
Registered
21 Posts
And also... going to toe toe militarily with a tyrannical Govt...maybe sholdnt be plan A.

·
Registered
201 Posts
@Snake Pleskin
Just wanted to say that I completely agree with all the points you’ve made!!
If there’s one fact that the current political climate has awakened me to, it’s this: The political leadership on either side of the isle is actually incentivized to use issues like this to leverage control over our minds and our votes, and the end result is that the two political factions in our country are driven further and further apart.
Here’s a little thought experiment to demonstrate my point: Put yourself in the position of a republican politician running for office who is an outspoken advocate for the second amendment. Now, which one of the following campaign approaches is the most politically advantageous:
  1. Calmly state that you will do whatever is within your power to ensure that laws and restrictions around firearms remain reasonable, or
  2. Make an unsubstantiated claim that political leaders on the opposite side of the isle are going to “kick our doors down and take our guns”, and that you are the man who can stop them!
If you consider that winning any election in our current climate is more about electrifying your base than it is about swaying those in the middle (which is a tiny minority nowadays), it becomes immediately apparent that the second approach is much more politically viable than the first!
Honestly, when I hear people expressing fear that federal agents will be “kicking doors down” and “taking their guns”, I roll my eyes. This is nonsense that has been fed to us by politicians (and certain advocacy groups) that have a vested interest in leveraging control over our minds, our emotions, and our votes. One of the most common tropes used by these folks is the concept of some imaginary “slippery slope”: the idea that, although your liberal neighbor might claim to be advocating for universal BGC’s, what they actually want is to kick your door down and take your guns.
I live in Oregon, and have many liberal friends, many of whom are gun owners and shooting buddies. While their views on gun control do tend to be somewhat more restrictive than mine, there is honestly a shockingly small divide between our stances, especially when compared to what I might have been lead to believe by political leadership! And I have yet to meet a liberal who actually believes that guns should be taken away altogether!

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Snake Pleskin
Just wanted to say that I completely agree with all the points you’ve made!!
If there’s one fact that the current political climate has awakened me to, it’s this: The political leadership on either side of the isle is actually incentivized to use issues like this to leverage control over our minds and our votes, and the end result is that the two political factions in our country are driven further and further apart.
Here’s a little thought experiment to demonstrate my point: Put yourself in the position of a republican politician running for office who is an outspoken advocate for the second amendment. Now, which one of the following campaign approaches is the most politically advantageous:
  1. Calmly state that you will do whatever is within your power to ensure that laws and restrictions around firearms remain reasonable, or
  2. Make an unsubstantiated claim that political leaders on the opposite side of the isle are going to “kick our doors down and take our guns”, and that you are the man who can stop them!
If you consider that winning any election in our current climate is more about electrifying your base than it is about swaying those in the middle (which is a tiny minority nowadays), it becomes immediately apparent that the second approach is much more politically viable than the first!
Honestly, when I hear people expressing fear that federal agents will be “kicking doors down” and “taking their guns”, I roll my eyes. This is nonsense that has been fed to us by politicians (and certain advocacy groups) that have a vested interest in leveraging control over our minds, our emotions, and our votes. One of the most common tropes used by these folks is the concept of some imaginary “slippery slope”: the idea that, although your liberal neighbor might claim to be advocating for universal BGC’s, what they actually want is to kick your door down and take your guns.
I live in Oregon, and have many liberal friends, many of whom are gun owners and shooting buddies. While their views on gun control do tend to be somewhat more restrictive than mine, there is honestly a shockingly small divide between our stances, especially when compared to what I might have been lead to believe by political leadership! And I have yet to meet a liberal who actually believes that guns should be taken away altogether!
It happened after Katrina, Door to door gun seizures... "slippery slope"..is not imaginary. Do you really think the big , well funded, anti gun groups are really gonna be happy with Mag cap limits, AR seizures, etc.. Disband and go away... NO...They will celebrate their small victory..then start planning their next step.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.