Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Did this forum have trolls before the recent election? I don't recall any. I am presuming that trolls have become 'bolder' with the attempted theft of the Presidential election (which may yet work) and now feel the need to tell us how everything will be done.
While I try to remember 'not to feed the trolls' it can be hard but most will go away if ignored rather than engaged.

Bruce

·
Registered
201 Posts
It happened after Katrina, Door to door gun seizures... "slippery slope"..is not imaginary. Do you really think the big , well funded, anti gun groups are really gonna be happy with Mag cap limits, AR seizures, etc.. Disband and go away... NO...They will celebrate their small victory..then start planning their next step.
The “hurricane Katrina gun seizure” story your citing is a perfect example of my point: that is pure, unadulterated NRA propaganda. And speaking of advocacy groups, I would point out that most liberal gun control groups are very likely to reflect the views of liberal voters, which are much less virulently anti-gun than the NRA would have you believe.
So yes: I think if you threw in universal background checks with mag restrictions, you would likely fully satisfy the desires of the voters and of these groups. I think you would be surprised to find how many gun owners their are among the democrats, and that alone makes it clear that a hardball “anti-gun” platform is not tenable even within the liberal party.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did this forum have trolls before the recent election? I don't recall any. I am presuming that trolls have become 'bolder' with the attempted theft of the Presidential election (which may yet work) and now feel the need to tell us how everything will be done.
While I try to remember 'not to feed the trolls' it can be hard but most will go away if ignored rather than engaged.

Bruce
I don’t think I’m “trolling”, just calmly expressing a counterpoint. But I realize it’s a contentious issue, so I’m perfectly fine with moving on :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
biden already said he is putting beto in charge of confiscating weapons. And based on what I've read in this thread, most of you will have no problem turning them in.

We have lost this Country!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m all for flying the “Come and Take It” flag. I will not give up what I have. That being said I feel a self defense shooting in public or a private establishment, I already have a tough court battle ahead of me. I don’t need to have an illegal carry gun setup.
Go ahead and fly the "Come and get it" flag, and you tell everyone, including law enforcement of every kind, that you have guns, and you will not give them up. That is just asking for trouble. B&E artists, to gung ho cops, to sheriffs making a name for themselves, and the list goes on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Go ahead and fly the "Come and get it" flag, and you tell everyone, including law enforcement of every kind, that you have guns, and you will not give them up. That is just asking for trouble. B&E artists, to gung ho cops, to sheriffs making a name for themselves, and the list goes on.
Haha wow easy there snowflake. I meant fly the flag as a figure of speech. The only flag flying in my yard is the American Flag. No gun stickers on my truck, no tacticool clothing. I’m just an average guy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha wow easy there snowflake. I meant fly the flag as a figure of speech. The only flag flying in my yard is the American Flag. No gun stickers on my truck, no tacticool clothing. I’m just an average guy.
Who Hell are you to call anyone a snowflake?? You wrote something, and if you don't want it taken at face value, indicate that. I take everyone at their word until proven that they are untrustworthy. I replied to your post in good faith, but its obvious, that faith was misplaced. I took you at your word, but never again, because you have proven yourself untrustworthy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Who Hell are you to call anyone a snowflake?? You wrote something, and if you don't want it taken at face value, indicate that. I take everyone at their word until proven that they are untrustworthy. I replied to your post in good faith, but its obvious, that faith was misplaced. I took you at your word, but never again, because you have proven yourself untrustworthy!
Well that escalated quickly

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
If I can’t call you a snowflake, I’ll at least say you’re a hot head. It’s text, not spoken word. I took your post as an attack and I rebutted it. Ease up there, bud.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We have lost this Country!!
😆 It isn’t the desired outcome, it’s just an election cycle. But I remember feeling like that when Clinton got elected and I actually wrote a college paper about a potential revolution in a political science class. Believe it or not I got an A even though my prof. was undoubtedly a liberal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The “hurricane Katrina gun seizure” story your citing is a perfect example of my point: that is pure, unadulterated NRA propaganda. And speaking of advocacy groups, I would point out that most liberal gun control groups are very likely to reflect the views of liberal voters, which are much less virulently anti-gun than the NRA would have you believe.
So yes: I think if you threw in universal background checks with mag restrictions, you would likely fully satisfy the desires of the voters and of these groups. I think you would be surprised to find how many gun owners their are among the democrats, and that alone makes it clear that a hardball “anti-gun” platform is not tenable even within the liberal party.
Ask youself this... If almost no gun related crimes involve the scary black rifles, or high cap mags.. Why are the Anri 2A groups spending almost 100% of their time and resources going after them..? Because they are low hanging fruit.. "a good place to start" Seems like they would be more concerned with eliminating handguns..which are used in almost all gun related crimes. Buts thats gonna be a little tougher.. they need a quick easy victory up front. Will get to handguns later.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The “hurricane Katrina gun seizure” story your citing is a perfect example of my point: that is pure, unadulterated NRA propaganda.
How is this NRA propaganda? I'm not in the NRA, I don't get my news/propaganda from the NRA. I saw an old woman get severely manhandled in New Orleans by LE and they weren't there to help her with anything. They were just there to round up guns. I bet you miss your Snake friend.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Michigan has had "universal background checks" (called different names but the same results) since the 1920's, why are we always in the top 10 for crime, murder, etc if background checks do anything?

Mag limits are just as ridiculous.

It has NOTHING to do with guns, its all about control.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Michigan has had "universal background checks" (called different names but the same results) since the 1920's, why are we always in the top 10 for crime, murder, etc if background checks do anything?

Because....it turns out, criminals aren't burdened or restricted by our laws. Who would have guessed that...??? Laws only apply to the law abiding people.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's the thing.. Gun laws are redundant..and a waste of time. It's already illegal to kill / shoot people with any kind of gun, regardless of where or how it was acquired , or how many rounds it holds. So unless we are gonna make it xtra super duper illegal to kill people with a certain kind of gun...whats the point..?

·
Registered
21 Posts

You are 100% correct...it's all about control. Armed people are citizens..disarmed people are subjects.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.