Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Australia. This is my first post. My gunsmith is building me a custom Ruger no 1 in 17 hornet to use on foxes and rabbits in west oz.

He ordered a 22 hornet ejector from numrich and they sent the wrong one. Now they say they are sold out and we can't seem to locate one.

Efforts to modify the existing extractor have failed.

Can anyone help out?

Cheers
Rhys

Ps- if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I do not know about export/import laws between the TS and Australia but I had a Ruger No. 1 modified by Regan Nonneman. That is what he does. Perhaps he has an extractor that he would be willing to sell and ship to you.

Here is a link to his business website:

Ruger No. 1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ruger # 1 Ejector

Also attempting to replace worn ejector on my Ruger # 1 Hornet which I purchased NIP 1992.

First call to Ruger resulted in an ejector, not milled for plunger spring, designed for a .223 cartridge.

Calls back to Ruger Customer Service turned into a bit of an argument between myself and a Ruger Customer Service Representative who kept insisting that, according to his computer, the part they shipped was correctly listed as the replacement for .222, .223 and 22 Hornet Cartridges.

Tells you something about the firearms experience of the folks they hire to answer their telephones.

Ruger referred me to Jack First, Inc, after advising they no longer supported parts for 'old' rifles like mine. Jack First was very patient and helpful, however also provided an incorrect part - milled for the plunger spring, but also designed for a .223 cartridge.

One of the other posters recommended Leverguns as a gunsmith able solve the problem - received a prompt e-mail response from him, and figured problem solved when I received another e-mail from Ruger that was, well, uninformed and unhelpful.

Called them anyway, spoke with a different Customer Service Rep, who also started the conversation out by telling me that according to his parts listing, the ejector I had received was correctly intended for .222, .223 and 22 Hornet cartridges.

Sigh........

This time, however, after much explanation on my part attempting to school the young man on why a ejector intended for a .223 wasn't going to work for the Hornet, he actually went back and talked to one of the tech's who works on 'older' guns.

Came back on the phone some minutes later and said that they guy, 'just smiled at me.'

Advised their parts listing was incorrect. Said that they tech was going to bring him the correct ejector, and put it on his desk so that he could mail it to him. Said that they would correct their parts listing.

You might try Ruger again for an ejector for your rifle.

I suppose I have around 1,500 rounds through my rifle, and would expect that this must be about the normal life-span for the ejector.

Anyone buying a used #1 might keep that in mind.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts