Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new "Covert Force" IWB Holster for my GP100 from El Paso today: http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-78-9-c-force-covert-force-holster.aspx
I also have a double speed loader holder for my moon clips from them as well. Awesome workmanship!

I normally use OWB holsters...love my #9 FIST...but thought I'd keep an open mind and try one of these high speed IWB things that everyone seems to be using. This is going to take some getting used to...that and a little breaking in methinks. I'll take a walk-about in the woods this weekend with this item and give a "hands on" report next week.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I like it like those drop in speed loaders where did ya get them? Nice grips too where did ya get them? Question question lol

·
Banned
723 Posts
Nice looking rig. I hope you have a "suitable" belt for it. If not, check out:
www.thebeltman.net

If you are new to IWB carry I have one little tip for you, buy your pants 1"-2" larger in the waist to accomodate the gat in your pants. It makes things so much more comfortable.

I look forward to your holster review after the weekend.

Biker

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The moon clips came with the Gemini Customization...one of their best offerings in my opinion. Ditto with the grip. My present belt is from High Noon Holsters, but I have been considering one of the Belt Man's leather belts with the fiber reinforcement inbetween the two portions of bull hide. Um...anybody use an IWB? I normally carry between 4 and 4:30 with my OWB. Does one carry an IWB in the same way? Seems a bit uncomfortable with my first try...might move this baby up to two o'clock....

·
Banned
723 Posts
My "preferred" method of carry is IWB, been doing it for over twenty years. :D

Get thee pants a little bigger, a good gunbelt and find the "sweet spot" for the gun. Usually the "sweet spot" is between 1500 Hours and 1630 Hours. I favor 1530 Hours, it puts the butt in the hollow of my kidney.

Good luck friend.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
BikerRN, I ain't got no hollow anywhere NEAR my kidney...that's why I like it behind my belt buckle...blueberry pie does cause some options to be lost.....

·
Banned
723 Posts
If I keep eating my wife's cooking and I don't get picked for the SWAT Team I ain't gonna have a "hollow" either.

Biker

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It took me awhile to get used to an IWB holster...but after carrying it, I've come to the conclusion that this little holster is pretty comfortable after all. I normally will carry it with a cardigan full zip sweater (I still like the vest) ...and despite the picture, I like an undershirt in order to keep the metal off the skin. It rides well and the "rough out" leather on the outside holds the holster very well when drawing. I can see why many like IWB as the belt holds the weapon quite close and firm into your side...feels very secure. I really like El Paso. The neat thing is that the snap can be replaced if I want to wear this with larger width belts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts