Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems a farmer was puzzled about the disappearance of some sheep on his farm.
After a few weeks the farmer decided to put up an electric fence. About a week later,
this is what he found!

The photo was taken in Africa. Which is why I don't live there, thank you.

Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by snakes and I bet most of us
have said, If a snake tried to eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah and get away.

Well, this is a Python. They're extremely aggressive and have a few teeth
that they use to hold their prey while they wrap around them and then constrict.

Could you get away if this one bit you and held on with it'sfew teeth?

I just crapped my drawers !! Where is my GUN ??

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Oh my. I have had small snakes scare the crap out of me, I would soil my drawers for sure if I came up on that one!

·
Registered
995 Posts
OH BOY! A new hat band, a new sling for my rifle, new boots!
Where's the wife's darn cat when I need it though!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Damn that thing is monstrous. I might even scream like a little girl:eek: before I shot it:D

and yes I would empty the gun on it whether or not is died after the first shot.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That one seems to be pretty large. But I'm thinking the picture may have it a little out of proportion. But anyway... I'm seen them large enough to be about as big around as a utility pole. They can get BIG. But aggressive? That may be a little unfair. I mean, if they get hungry, they are capable of going after some rather large prey. But I have quite a bit of experience (I'd like to think...) with a 60-ish pound Burmese Python that was quite the pussy-cat. A good friend of mine had him, Henry was his name as I recall. Docile as a big ol' mutt. You could do about anything you wanted to with him. But we always kept him well fed. Like any animal, if it gets hungry, it's gonna try to eat. We always made sure he didn't get hungry.

Now, about this wild one... well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Sucks to be him.....

Actually, my friend's Burmese Python's name was Charlie... he was a good snake (as good as they can be... ya know).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I chatted with a fellow a couple of years back who keeps a lot of reptiles and shows them professionally. He said the magic number on these bigger constrictors was about 15 feet: at that size they're big enough, and strong enough, to kill a man. Starting at about 12 feet, he always takes a partner with him to help with the feeding to make sure that he doesn't become the dinner.

·
Banned
723 Posts
In my book, the only good snake is a dead snake. Of course most of the snakes I deal with are of the "Rattle" kind. I leave Bull Snakes alone as they actually serve a purpose.

Shotgun, 'nuff said. :)

Biker

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've killed a fair number of snakes on my Grandfather's ranch, mostly with a shovel. I think I'd want backup on that one though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts