Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DON'T do what this guy does!

Electrical Fails

This guy doesn't seem to learn too well; nevertheless, he's really funny to watch.

Granted, I've inadvertently created some big sparks and blown my share of fuses (and an electrolytic capacitor or two), but I've not repeated the errors...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Being a EE, that was way too funny.
He should stay as far away from electricity as possible.
Well, I will be staying as far away from him as possible.
Great stuff, right there.
Think I chuckled at every one.
Thanks. :D

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
It's hard to believe that this guy isn't doing this on purpose - even Forrest Gump would have learned more from that many mistakes.

Now, I can't say that I haven't had a few misadventures with electricity, but I don't think I've made the same mistake twice. And I leave the BIG stuff (everything behind the breaker panel) to the professionals.

Jim

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Oh, now that was funny! :D

If he is not doing that on purpose, he is a top "Darwin Award" contender.

·
One more gun
316 Posts
I once shut down power to a whole National Guard base. I was working on garage door openers, and when I opened the cover there was a nice fireworks show and the lights went out. Turns out the electrician who wired them left the power leads too long and when I opened it the case was torqued just enough to touch the wires, which sent 460 3phase straight to ground and tripped all the breakers. I fixed the exploded bits and checked all the other openers (found another in the same state). Always wear safety glasses so you don't get arc flashed!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Not the sharpest tool in the tool belt.....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I wonder if this guy would be safe to play with a Nerf ball.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's hard to believe that this guy isn't doing this on purpose - even Forrest Gump would have learned more from that many mistakes.

Jim
Yeah, he seems to have missed some fundamental lessons:
* Don't make yourself a path to ground.
* The polarity markings on electrolytic capacitors are there for a reason.
* Never work on a live circuit.
* Soldering irons are hot.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
My Dad was an electrician.
Electricity scares me to death.
If I am to do anything involving electricity, I read the instructions 10 to 15 times and break out in a sweat when I actually do the work.
I have had a few similar misadventures that the dufus in the video demonstrated so well. ... :eek:

·
Banned
365 Posts
To quote Hank Hill, "That boy ain't right".

I respect electricity, and every time I work with it, I constantly check to make sure I am safe and that the power is off before doing any electrical work. I refuse to be called "Sparky" because of an electrical shock.

This guy is "shockingly" dangerous :D:eek:.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
No one is that dumb.
I have to disagree - I regularly see people repeatedly doing the same stupid thing over and over. There's one guy out on the coast who I've personally stitched up three times for cutting bagels while holding them in his hand.

Jim

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
No one is that dumb.
I am an EE and have done Electrical Safety training many times. It is amazing how many times I have heard people tell me they were shocked and still touched whatever shocked them to make sure it happened. A lot of lucky people who did not know but had things happen and were not hurt. This guy was funny but I still see people that have no idea that electricity is that dangerous. I keep training and hoping it help. Training is expanding to the "home" areas away from work.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Come to think of it, I really hope he doesn't take up handloading...

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I have to disagree - I regularly see people repeatedly doing the same stupid thing over and over. There's one guy out on the coast who I've personally stitched up three times for cutting bagels while holding them in his hand.

Jim
I heard that emergency room's are full of bagel cut's in the morning hours.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That has to be a fake ... I mean no one is that ... Well.... How can you say it politely? And have a video handy for each zap. Plus just posting the video in the first place is just embarrassing ....

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts

Now, I can't say that I haven't had a few misadventures with electricity, but I don't think I've made the same mistake twice. And I leave the BIG stuff (everything behind the breaker panel) to the professionals.

Jim
I agree.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
That has to be one of the funniest videos ever :D
I shared it with my brother and a former classmate who each had their own misadventures in high school.
I had a minor mishap 30 years ago while putting up Christmas lights ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts