Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! New to the forum! Bought an Ruger AR-556 MPR a few weeks back, and love the thing so far, incredible value. I'm now looking into how to become more proficient. I'm a member of an indoors range where I live (central NC), but they only allow pistol calibers on the range. Therefore I'm looking to get an 22-upper to maintain the same trigger pull as when shooting 5.56. I'm looking at the PSA 22-upper, but quickly found out about the notched hammer issues with the 22-BCG. Some people claimed that not all notched hammers have that issue.

So, has anyone here tried the 452 hammer together with the 22-BCG? Any insights are always much appreciated! 馃檪

Registered
I happen to have used a PSA .22LR upper on a few different lowers with various triggers.

It did not work with a Black Fallout single stage, but it worked fine with the Ruger 2 stage, as well as with a Larue 2 stage, and also with a regular old mil-spec style.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That麓s comforting news! The order is getting closer then. Thank you for your answer!

Registered
I have the basic M4 AR556 with a CMMG 22lr conversion bolt and the 452 trigger and it runs flawlessly. I do have to use faster ammo, like CCI Select or Mini Mags because standard velocity ammo tends to not cycle the bolt far enough to chamber the next round. But no issues at all with the notched hammer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts