Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt so strongly about getting my ccw, that I have encouraged others to get theirs. So far I've had four friends, male & female take the class and get their ccws.

Have you been able to inspire others to get their ccw's?

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
I felt so strongly about getting my ccw, that I have encouraged others to get theirs. So far I've had four friends, male & female take the class and get their ccws.

Have you been able to inspire others to get their ccw's?
Very cool Sightngrl. The more armed law abiding citizens the better!

·
Registered
496 Posts
All but one friend and we promised him we would never help him with our CCW weapons if he were in trouble.. Seemed only fair huh?

wPm

·
Ironhat
287 Posts
I convinced my wife that she should get hers five years ago. When we were stopped at the security screening in the courthouse to renew, the deputy sheriff on duty asked what we were there for and I told him. He ask if one or both wre renewing and I said both. He actually said, 'Good for you. Good for you both. We have seen a surge of 5K new carry permits just this year. People are scared and it's good to have the means of defending yourselves". I never saw someone that enthusiastic for someone else. It made me feel good. So, I guess that the point of the story is to get a bit excited for those who actually take your advice and get the permit. JAT

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Only my wife and it didn't take allot of convincing.
I feel it's up to the others to decide for themselves if they want to carry or not. I'm more than willing to help or give advice if they ask.If I'm asked my thoughts I do encourage them to go for it. To me it's very inexpensive insurance. I've carried for so long I'd be lost without my CCW and my pocket companion.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
CCW where I live is not something that's available except in very special cases (San Diego)...so of course I don't carry outside the home...but in the home and on my property concealed or open carry is very legal...I often carry at home as do 2 of my neighbors and several others I know of...We don't go out much but we live near the Mexican border and there are a number of home invasion burglaries in the vicinity every month..I found out some of the more remote counties will issue CCW to most folks but not in the major cities.

·
Registered
396 Posts
As a subject of the People's Republik of Illinois, I am not allowed to excercise my constitutional right to bear arms here. I did, however, just take the Utah class so that I will be able to in 31 of the free states.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a subject of the People's Republik of Illinois, I am not allowed to excercise my constitutional right to bear arms here. I did, however, just take the Utah class so that I will be able to in 31 of the free states.
Road trip.....;) I'm sure those states would appreciate your tourist $.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Any observant person who reads the paper and watches the news should be convinced to get their CCW without any help from anyone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any observant person who reads the paper and watches the news should be convinced to get their CCW without any help from anyone!
Some people need a little push. Like the 4 I nudged a little, and all of them have thanked me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.