Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,044 Posts
Wave, I love your fully engraved cap pistol .... I had one much like it when I was a kid. Feeding the cap roll wasn't the best but it was a "looker", just like yours. A genuine BBQ gun!

The closest I come to an engraved gun is my Colorado Centennial Single-Six or my Bisley Single-Six ....both have a scene roll marked on the cylinder.

Here's my RCC:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Very nice iron gentleman. But nothing can match Waveform's piece, the ranges we rode, the rustlers we brought in, those long scouts way out there where you spoke in signs. The gun I got now is stronger, louder and doesn't skid the cap roll, but, alas, it's just a gun, nothing more.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Post Photos Here Of Your Engraved Masterpiece..
With all due respect to @RugersOnly (very nice looking gun by the way), @WaveForm has completely stolen the thread and you might as well close it now. Ain't gonna get a better masterpiece than that. :p :D ;)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I had one of those! and I still have one of these!

A good friend is an engraver. He does beautiful work and keeps threatening to turn it into a full time job. If I can get him to find the time to do one of my Vaqueros, I'll post pictures. :cool:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

A good friend is an engraver. He does beautiful work and keeps threatening to turn it into a full time job. If I can get him to find the time to do one of my Vaqueros, I'll post pictures. :cool:
Wish I still I had those (cap gun and cap grenade)... Played with mine incessantly!

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RugesOnly, why do you start threads and then delete your photos?
I delete my photos as a matter of privacy, and of course internet security etc, after a period of time as the thread becomes inactive or as it goes way off topic, sadly, like this one did. Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
428 Posts

wow! i haven't seen one of those little cap bombs in years. it took me back 45+.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I delete my photos as a matter of privacy, and of course internet security etc, after a period of time as the thread becomes inactive or as it goes way off topic, sadly, like this one did. Thanks for your understanding.
I'm not sure I understand your rational in your statement.

You want privacy and security, yet you post pictures on the internet where there are places that take snapshots of all websites...

You post threads encouraging people to post pictures of their firearms but after a few days you remove yours. Are you not concerned that you have now caused their firearm collection to be less secure?

One of the main benefits of any forum is the dissemination of information.

Archives of old threads are very important to people looking for specific information. People on a regular basis buy an older firearm and then spend time searching for info on that firearm.

Imagine how small this forum would be if the moderators automatically deleted all threads after 2 weeks.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
How about this one. Thread started with a photo and then photo and content deleted 12 hours later. TucsonDirt got to see it anyway.

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-single-action/134149-ruger-montado-45-colt-inside.html

It's an annoying practice and makes little contribution to the conversation here. If RugersOnly is truly concerned about his privacy and security he should never post anything here or or anywhere else. You never really delete anything from the internet - it's there forever. A simple Google Images search of RugersOnly will pull up all the "deleted" photos posted in threads here along with other photos in those threads and even your avatar mndoggie. It's the world we live in. Personal privacy is an illusion.

Perhaps "Ponderosa Territory" will be more willing to share his photos......

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
How about this one. Thread started with a photo and then photo and content deleted 12 hours later. TucsonDirt got to see it anyway.

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-single-action/134149-ruger-montado-45-colt-inside.html

It's an annoying practice and makes little contribution to the conversation here. If RugersOnly is truly concerned about his privacy and security he should never post anything here or or anywhere else. You never really delete anything from the internet - it's there forever. A simple Google Images search of RugersOnly will pull up all the "deleted" photos posted in threads here along with other photos in those threads and even your avatar mndoggie. It's the world we live in. Personal privacy is an illusion.

Perhaps "Ponderosa Territory" will be more willing to share his photos......
That, or check certain indivudal's photo site for downloaded pics! :p :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts