Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know anyone who owns a gun engraved by Floyd E Warren?

I would like to reach owners of firearms engraved by Mr Warren. If there are enough images and information I would like to start a web page dedicated to his body of work.

Mr Warren worked on all the major brands and custom builds.

I am fortunate to own a S&W he engraved in early 1958.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Floyd Warren...........

send me an email and I may be able to put you in touch with one of his former apprentices,happens to be a friend of mine, I knew Mr Warren back in the 1960's.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello MrTrolleyguy,
I've recently acquired two of Floys Warren's creations. A Colt 1911 and a Colt 1903. Both are magnificent pieces of high art.

Your S&W looks fantastic as well - the man was truly an incredibly gifted artist!

I hope you are making progress on the project.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
968 Posts

I would like to reach owners of firearms engraved by Mr Warren. If there are enough images and information I would like to start a web page dedicated to his body of work.

Nice pic of a handsome firearm and thanks for the info on a man who appears to have been a real artist. Good luck on the project.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Wow. That's a beautiful S&W!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is another example of Mr. F.E Warren superb work.

I've attached a couple of pics, the 'milky' spots are light reflections, the condition of this amazing artwork is as perfect as I can tell. Interestingly, the pistol itself in a Government model made in 1913...

Of course, the best venue would be a formal appraisal but I'm trying to ascertain a ballpark estimate for value... any input on this is appreciated.

Thanks much,
Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

I HAVE A REMINGTON 760 ENGRAVED BY FLOYD I PURCHASED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AT A GUN SHOW I THINK IN YOUGSTOWN AREA

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I HAVE A REMINGTON 760 ENGRAVED BY FLOYD I PURCHASED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AT A GUN SHOW I THINK IN YOUGSTOWN AREA
any pictures to show off his creation?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts