Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine watching The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly without its soundtrack.

Ennio Morricone wasn’t just the most important film composer of the 20th century, he was also the busiest. Morricone, who died Monday in Rome at age 91, is best known for his early work with Italian “spaghetti western” director Sergio Leone on movies including “A Fistful of Dollars” and “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.”

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nothing like binge watching the Spaghetti Westerns with Clint Eastwood. Life is good. Always thought the sound track was all musical instruments but I watched it on Youtube and there is a lady that does the wa wa and whistles neat.

RIP Ennio Morricone

·
Registered
439 Posts
Here's a great rendition of the G, B & U performed by the Danish National Symphony. Note the pistol earrings on the lady singer and the silhouette in the background.

Pretty neat, and a good rendition:

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Dated all three of those women after first marriage ended................

Reactions: alayonruger

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out just now The Untouchables soundtrack was his work too.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a great rendition of the G, B & U performed by the Danish National Symphony. Note the pistol earrings on the lady singer and the silhouette in the background.

Pretty neat, and a good rendition:
Great! I don’t think they used any synthesizers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Morricone is my all-time favorite composer. He meshed the perfect elements of orchestration, chorale, and whimsy. Especially, his use of off-beat instrumentations. Truly a musical genius. Check-out some of his lesser-known soundtracks like Navajo Joe. His use of the whistler always added a winsome, and hapless feeling to all the compositions. Sergio Leone used the music to great dramatic effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts