Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got the Erma La 22 cleaned and we took a range trip today. This little Luger is so much fun to shoot. I did notice that with 10 cartridges in magazine, the first three would not load properly into the chamber. However from the seventh on worked like a champ absolute dream to shoot. I am going to concentrate on the magazine as I do feel that the angle of the magazine follower may for some reason be at an angle that will not allow a full magazine to load. Spring is good as there is a lot of tension when compressed, however, if a different spring may not be the right one. However, the little gun does not like lead or hollow point bullets. CCI copper plated was the preferred round. It was a blast shooting the Luger pistol and it was accurate. Think it is a keeper.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Very nice! I almost bought a used one at a local Cabelas right after the Newtown shooting but I didn't want to wait 3-4 hours in line to fill out the 4473 at the time. How much did it set you back if I may ask?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! I almost bought a used one at a local Cabelas right after the Newtown shooting but I didn't want to wait 3-4 hours in line to fill out the 4473 at the time. How much did it set you back if I may ask?
$250.00. Think I got lucky.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Great little pistol. I have it's big brother. I should keep my eyes open for one.

Big brother can be finicky on ammo also. The heavier the bullet the better it shoots. It tends to just flip the empty casing over with some ammo. +P always runs flawless but puts allot of stress on the old girl.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pistol. They are known to be finicky. How many ammo types were you able to test?
I used Federal i Velocity Lead Round nose and did not like lead. Did not like CCI Hollow points. Did like CCI solid plated Minimag best. Then Federal Copper plated next. Those were what I had with me.

·
Banned
650 Posts
It is possible for a cylinder to be polished to well. Try roughing up the cylinder with 600 grit silicone valve grinding compound (same thing many people use to fire lap a barrel). You won't hurt anything with the valve grinding compound. Just keep it neat and clean your barrel after you finish.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is possible for a cylinder to be polished to well. Try roughing up the cylinder with 600 grit silicone valve grinding compound (same thing many people use to fire lap a barrel). You won't hurt anything with the valve grinding compound. Just keep it neat and clean your barrel after you finish.
Thanks. will try out .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts