Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has nothing to do with guns but I was just watching the local news this evening, and they just anounced that he passed away on the way to the hospital at the age of 69. Im 46 and grew up watching his stunts and when I was a kid, used to build ramps and jump my bicycle, inspired by him. Then when I was 16, I started doing it with my Kawasaki 250 dirt bike, untill I tried to do it once with my girlfriend on the back and she flew off breaking her arm. Needless to say that after my parents paid the hospital bill, I lost my dirt bike. Oh yeah my girlfriend too. That was 30 years ago, damn how time fly's. One thing for sure, this man always spoke his mind.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
He sure held the spot light for a while. Others follow but there will only be one Evel.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I said on a couple other forums, that when I was a kid I loved him. He was Clint Eastwood and John Wayne all rolled up into one to me. He was the toughest son of a gun I ever seen! May he truly rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
He was the one who has set the standard that others have to meet but I doubt that they will ever pass up what he has done. There were times I never thought he would live as long as he did. He will be truly missed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The last time he was in Kansas City, Missouri, he was arrested for soliciting a woman he thought was a street whore. She was a Police Officer working a prostitution sting. He was arrested and convicted.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My wife's Brother-in-law had a hole dug in the back yard for a septic tank. His 2yr old son tried to ramp over it with his tricycle, because he had been watching evil kenivel doing stunts, and broke his arm. Could have been his neck. Wonder how many kids got hurt trying to imitate him?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts