Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Now I don't feel so bad about messing up my range bag a few weeks ago. I use(d) it regularly as a rest for my 18" SPR, but the last range trip I used it with my new 16" M4gery. The muzzle blast shredded the nylon bag. lol.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It was a miracle that there wasn't any more damage to the truck ...

I have never thought that using a vehicle as a rest was a good idea, yes in an emergency it offers protection and stabilization. But not at the range ...

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I imagine that those holes will be hard to fix.

My cousin did something similar while shooting desert rats (ground squirrels) out in Idaho. He used his truck hood as a rest for his .22-250 and the muzzle blast dented the hood and scoured off the paint.

(Note: this was the same cousin who shot a coyote from inside the cab of his truck - shooting from the driver's seat out the passenger window - and suffered a partial hearing loss)

Just another example of why you keep anything you don't want to shoot behind the muzzle.

Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sorry but their attitude of "no big deal" makes them foolish at best. What other stupid move will they make with far more serious consequences? If they were my shooting partners they just became ex-partners. Then to publicize it makes all shooters look like fools. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Had a buddy put several dents in his hood while sighting in his .308 before deer season several years ago.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts
Lesson learned: make sure the one shooting is also the vehicle owner so like Brian, you don't feel as miserable in the end.

·
Pony Soldier
8,640 Posts
At least it wasn't a Chevy!!

Greg

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:). Was this the 1st episode of 'Kill a truck and save a Friend' ?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
And people wonder why the anti's worry about gun fanatics and want to take away guns from everyone.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
If that was intentional then he's dumber than I thought , he just missed the battery
My thought as well.

It isn't often that I use the word "idiot," but if someone would intentionally do something that dangerous and then post it on boobtube so everyone and anyone can use it as propaganda, well then the term fits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts