Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of Reload Unlimited? Just went on their site and they had CCI 300 strips for $56.00 for 1000. Also many other brands. Sound to good to be true! Posted this in the Tavern thought more of you would see it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I looked at the contact us and could see a Norman Oklahoma and a phone number, but nothing else, no address. Even the About Us link is suspect. They talk about their return policy and that you can return whatever by mail or in store, but where is the store? I'm a little suspicious but I could be wrong. I don't need anything at the moment enough to take a gamble on ordering anything from there. lol

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
A little too sleazy for my money. Maybe another time or when they become a little more known.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I have never heard of them .
Know what my old Daddy told me about deals that sound too good too be true ..
yeah , you know what those deals are !
Gary

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I looked up and it was not the Canadian website. Looking for info on their website i found an extremely long disclaimer / terms of service/ legal mumbo jumbo. After looking through all that ( if they are legitimate) I found oos of all primers , oos of all 38special and 357magnum bullets

·
Registered
393 Posts
Reloading unlimited | The High Road

I won't be going there anytime soon.
"Reloading Unlimited" is a different site from the OP's question about "Reload Unlimited".

vs.
It is confusing (probably on purpose).
I'm not sure I trust either of them.

Somebody signed up to the site and their first post was recommending "Reload Unlimited".
I'm leery of anyplace that I have never heard of that has so much stuff in-stock, when my usual go-to places have none of it. -but that's just me.

Reactions: Nam Vet

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input figured it was too good to be true. Why did they have so much in stock when all known suppliers had none and at so low prices. The same CCI 300 going for $300.00 on GunBroker and $56.00 on their site !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Certainly seems scammy.
Domain registered end of February this year. So they created a site and magically generated inventory of items that are almost unobtainable.
Highly suspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,869 Posts
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has feathers................don't go near this site!

·
Super Moderator
4,238 Posts
And to pile on, it seems that if inventory was out there, it would first be available at the big high volume sites that everyone and their brother have heard of and used. Volume has its privileges.

·
Super Moderator
4,238 Posts
I am going to put a warning out to all our members. Use this site at your own risk. Much of the feedback makes this site iffy at best. The moderators have now banned two users (looking like same person) related to this site.
So use at your own risk, there just seems to be a lot of red flags and not much to make one feel comfortable. That said, there is little to no first hand experience on this site, so it may be legitimate, and if anyone has any confirmable positive first-hand knowledge of this site, please share.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am going to put a warning out to all our members. Use this site at your own risk. Much of the feedback makes this site iffy at best. The moderators have now banned two users (looking like same person) related to this site.
So use at your own risk, there just seems to be a lot of red flags and not much to make one feel comfortable. That said, there is little to no first hand experience on this site, so it may be legitimate, and if anyone has any confirmable positive first-hand knowledge of this site, please share.
100% scam site.
Check out the shoddy coding, recent domain registration (as noted above) and the intentional use of a name similar to an existing outfit.
That dude who came here recently touting this scammer outfit was a total red flag imho...........smelled his poop a mile away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
100% scam site.
Check out the shoddy coding, recent domain registration (as noted above) and the intentional use of a name similar to an existing outfit.
That dude who came here recently touting this scammer outfit was a total red flag imho...........smelled his poop a mile away.
For Nam Vet and all others who responded to this post. Heres my story when I attempted to order from them.

Note: I'm an IT guy who is involved with security issues and have also been a theft victim so I am pretty knowledgeable about the topic.

- I Google searched for the ammo I was looking for and these guys came up. They were near the last page of the Google links

- I went to their site and found that magically they had ammo that no regular dealer had in stock (Brownells, Cabelas, Palmetto State Armory,etc) [RedFlag#1]

- I successfully was able to place an order. All good on this.

- I was told on the order that while my order was placed, I needed to set up a Google Pay account and send money by Google Pay, this is the only method of
payment
[RedFlag#2- why can they not accept a credit card or cashiers check????]
[RedFlag#3 - why is the payment process so cumbersome? Should they not drop me into a
Google Pay window or accept my payment info and provide it to Google Pay from their
site?]

- They only have one payment method:

Pay By Debit Card Using Google Pay (OK fine so they do not want to pay credit card fees)

From sent email:

ATTENTION: YOUR ORDER IS NOT YET PAID PLEASE FOLLOW OUR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS AT reloadunlimited.com/payments

If you need any assistance with your order, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 4053613890

So if you go to the URL it provides Google Pay instructions. When you attempt to pay them, and attach a credit card, Google Pay tells you that only debit cards are accepted by Reload Unlimited

[RedFlag#4]

Attempts to pay through Google Pay using a credit card are rejected.
They did send me to the real Google Pay site, not a scam site (I independently verified this as I went to the regular Google Pay site and saw the credit card I set up).

Since I do not trust Google Pay with my checking account I'm not going there. Also its unclear if once I provide them with my checking account info if they or a third party will be able to cram invalid charges onto future fake orders, etc.
(granted I am not familiar with Google Pay)
[RedFlag#5]

Since debit cards are notoriously trick to get invalid charges reversed on, if I use them I would want to set up a separate checking account with another bank and just put a few dollars in there.

But why should I, when I can deal with any number of online merchants (and I do regularly) without all the drama?

Anyway thats my story.

I will probably email them back and tell them to cancel my order. I have numerous other sites I have flagged with a request to email me when my preferred ammo comes in and it seems like a small amount of ammo is now coming through the pipeline at this point (I have placed some successful orders).

BTW I am open to ordering from small-lot manufacturers for a decent price.

I am looking for 300 AAC Blackout Ammo for deer hunting around $50 for 50 rounds, so if anyone has ideas on how I can get some I am flexible. This is a new black rifle firearm for me and I am looking to standardize on a deer cartridge for close to medium range(250 yds max):

What I am buying & using now:
HORNADY AMERICAN GUNNER 300 AAC BLACKOUT 125GR HP

I can vouch for the fact that it is lethal on deer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone heard of Reload Unlimited? Just went on their site and they had CCI 300 strips for $56.00 for 1000. Also many other brands. Sound to good to be true! Posted this in the Tavern thought more of you would see it.
I fell into theit TRAp once. THEY are a SCAMM DO NOt bUY FRoM THEM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts