Here's a few examples:

Kel-Tec P-11 and S&W 442

Keltec P-11 and P3AT

Keltec P-11 and P3AT

Keltec P-11 and P3AT and S&W 442

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now, is the P11 the older 9 or is that the newer one-which one's been the most reliable-a 9 that size would be a good backup .....

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Now, is the P11 the older 9 or is that the newer one-which one's been the most reliable-a 9 that size would be a good backup .....
That's the older one. It's been around for 10 years or so and is pretty bullet-proof by now. I pulled mine out of the box at the range and put 220 rounds through it with no failures of any kind. (I've probably messed up my luck...I cleaned it the other day.) I had the newer one - PF-9. It was a single stack magazine - 8 + 1. That one had some feeding problems. I probably could have polished the feed ramp and fixed it, but I just didn't trust it. This one is double-stack 10 + 1 and now Kel-Tec makes a 12 round magazine for them that doesn't extend below the grip. This one has a very long double action only trigger pull, but if you're an old revolver guy you wouldn't have any problems with it. Shoots pretty darn good!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks...yep...love a DAO-still in production? Cost? gotta check it out...bet that's a 1-job gun....under $300?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good idea for a thread!

I REALLY need to re-shoot this comparison shot. It was late in the day and the light was fading fast in the shadows of my front porch. I got the angles wrong so you can't really see a proper size comparison.

Anyway, here's my 442 in front of my Glock 29 10mm Auto. Lengths and heights are virtually identical. The thicknesses are somewhat close, only the weight is distinctively different.

Both are carry guns, but the 10mm is carried a lot more often.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picture looks good to me nitesite.

Sheepdog - Yes the P11 is very much in production and I paid $249 for mine. Almost makes it a throw-down, huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts