Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Has anyone installed a set of express sights on their Ruger #1? I have contacted Ruger and they will not sell the sights they put on their Boddington series. They will not install them on my rifle if I send it to them because it does not come with that sight and they consider that custom work. If anyone has dealt with this issue I would love to hear from you. My rifle is a 450 400 and to me that screams express sight followed by a forend tip. Thank you for your time. George Hill

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Has anyone installed a set of express sights on their Ruger #1? I have contacted Ruger and they will not sell the sights they put on their Boddington series. They will not install them on my rifle if I send it to them because it does not come with that sight and they consider that custom work. If anyone has dealt with this issue I would love to hear from you. My rifle is a 450 400 and to me that screams express sight followed by a forend tip. Thank you for your time. George Hill
Same rifle, same issue. Would like a few sets also.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
By express sight, I assume you mean a shallow V with probably folding leads. Unfortunately, I think you are stuck with needing a gunsmith to do the job. NECG does do express sights, but the gunsmiths will be needed to either build it into your quarter rib or to build up the proper height if mounted directly on your barrel without the quarter rib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why not keep it simple and go with NECG on rear mount?
Just curious.
I used an NECG on 30-06 that has Weaver blocks, I crafted, and that sight works like nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts