Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an SBR Charger in an AGP stock and I wondered if anyone had seen, made or knows where you can purchase some type of an extended V block where a picatinny type rail could be welded or a V block with a rail machined into one to allow for a forward AFG or vert grip of some sort ??

I have a KIDD 6 inch barrel on it now, and I know you really can't drill and tap a rail into the barrel without effecting the harmonics and accuracy, so the support needs to come from the V block.....but I'm still concerned how much stress you could put on there ??

similar to this, but attached to the V block ??

·
Registered
964 Posts
I would be inclined to doubt it would be a good idea...

The V-block only gets tightened to a few inch-pounds of torque, and I'd think that hanging anything from an extension to it would affect how it holds the barrel into the receiver; with a rail & accessories such as handgrip, laser, flashlight, or sling mount, they all would be putting side loads on the v-block it was never meant to carry. I'd think that any resulting forces would carry over to affect the barrel-to-receiver mating, with a subsequent change in POI.

Then again, I am not an expert, so take this as an informed layman's conjecture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts