Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often Ruger will throw in a freebie with some dealings you have with them, I guess as compensation?

It can be an appreciated post to Tell The CEO, a repair, lengthy backorder on parts, etc..

Many of us have gotten caps (I have two), stickers (ditto), sometimes even a free mag for an autoloader (nope). They are well known to send a part or two at no charge (a few).

Anybody gotten something besides the above mentioned?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got a free LaserMax laser. I had taken off the laser on my LC9 and sent it back for repairs. They ended up having to replace it. Since there was a mix up in shipping and I didn't get my firearm back for about 2 months, they never took the laser off the second LC9. So I got a second one free.

Oh and a funny story from that incident. The person I was talking to at Ruger found out I was 17 at the time. So when she sent back the gun she also added a pamphlet about "Youth Handgun Safety". Gotta love Ruger. :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
I got the standard stuff for sending a comment to the CEO: Ruger Ball Cap & Stickers.

I just received my P95 back from Ruger. Included was a thank you for being a ruger customer note from Ruger repair services & a Ruger cleaning cloth.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I've got a handfull of Rugers.
Never had a single fault with any of them.
"OK..... So that's why I have never received anything..... nothing's gone back." :rolleyes:
I have however sent the CEO a couple of emails on different matters, never even got a reply. :confused:
Hey Mike, look West, that's Australia waving..... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a handfull of Rugers.
Never had a single fault with any of them.
"OK..... So that's why I have never received anything..... nothing's gone back." :rolleyes:
I have however sent the CEO a couple of emails on different matters, never even got a reply. :confused:
Hey Mike, look West, that's Australia waving..... :rolleyes:
Maybe they don't have any of those Aussie hats where you can flip the brim up to the sides of your head. Is there a name for those?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
All the stuff isn't just from the "Tell the CEO" thing as I've gotten stuff w/o contacting them via that link. A few hats, stickers, are the common stuff but I've gotten (still have) gift certificates for ShopRuger and had some special requests taken care of that would normally be reserved for dealers or specific areas of sales. Not one to expect stuff or use the "CEO" link specifically doing so in hopes of getting a freebie.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Maybe they don't have any of those Aussie hats where you can flip the brim up to the sides of your head. Is there a name for those?
Sorry mate, got me there, non comprendo.....

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not one to expect stuff or use the "CEO" link specifically doing so in hopes of getting a freebie.
Me neither, just think it's nice of Ruger. The best I've heard was an SA (Blackhawk, IIRC) that was left to the surviving son of an Iraq casualty, checked out with some new parts and refinished, no charge.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have gotten the same thank you note and yellow Ruger cleaning cloth when I got my SR9 back from Ruger.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

Maybe this hat?

(What's with Aussie hats that have corks hanging down from the brim all the way around?)
Ok, with you now.
That looks like a slouch hat, after the style our diggers wore in the wars.
You don't see them worn like that otherwise.
One of our favourite hats over here is an Akubra.

The hat with the corks, you don't see them anymore.
The corks hanging down from the brim of the hat was meant to keep flies off your face.
Me and most others, we wear baseball style hats.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I got a free recoil spring and guide rod for my LCP when stopped in to their factory. Also gave me some catalogs along with some friendly faces.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I got the same "Youth Handgun Safety" pamphlet recently. Turning 50 today. Wish I was 17 again...:(
Happy Birthday mate.
Wish I was 50 again, sure don't wish I was 17 again though.....

·
Registered
651 Posts
I recently acquired a used Blackhawk that needed some TLC. Specifically, it printed too high for the rear sight to compensate and the base pin would frequently slip out under recoil. I contacted Ruger Customer Service via email to explain my issues and was told to reply with my gun's serial number. Four days later I receive, in the mail, a tall front sight blade, a base pin, a base pin latch and spring. All new parts (in stainless) on Ruger's nickel.
I have always appreciated Ruger for quality and value, but with customer appreciation like that, you can bet I will always look to them first for my firearms needs.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got the same "Youth Handgun Safety" pamphlet recently. Turning 50 today. Wish I was 17 again...:(
I don't know why I didn't notice on my first time reading. Happy birthday!

It sucks its on 9/11, did you get a cake in 2001?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Oh James I never saw crocodile Dundie in a baseball hat.
Sorry mate, it was only a movie..... :D
Usually baseball caps in the cities (and for the young'uns), a lot of the country folk wear the broad rim hats.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts