Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m new to the forum. I have a question. I bought a new LCP2 380 last month, I’ve had it out a couple times and no problems until today. The extractor just came apart! Spring, plunger and extractor just fell out of the pistol. I talked to Ruger and they’re sending me new parts so, I guess I’m ok with it, but has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas why it would happen? It’s a new gun with only about 150 rounds through it, I wouldn’t want to think it would happen again.
Thanks,
Dammit

·
Registered
54 Posts
The first time I sent my LCP II back to Ruger was for this same reason. I shot a total of a couple thousand rounds through it and ended up sending it back four times for various reasons. In my experience it’s not a durable or reliable design. Ruger eventually destroyed my gun and offered me a different model as a replacement. I found it fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate, but couldn’t trust it for carry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time I sent my LCP II back to Ruger was for this same reason. I shot a total of a couple thousand rounds through it and ended up sending it back four times for various reasons. In my experience it’s not a durable or reliable design. Ruger eventually destroyed my gun and offered me a different model as a replacement. I found it fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate, but couldn’t trust it for carry.
Thanks for your response, Ruger sent me the parts right away, and I put it back together and it looks fine. I haven’t shot it yet. I haven’t seen people complaining about that in reviews, so I’m hoping it’s just a fluke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts