Votes: 13 26.0%
  • mostly factory ammo domestic/foreign that's on sale

Votes: 4 8.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just courious as to what the masses here shoot the majority of the time at the range..........

Reactions: cruelshoes

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Reloads, mostly lead bullets, but I always shoot a few jacketed reloads too.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Lead reloads are the least expensive, so why waste $ on anything else just for range blasting (I don't "plink" anything).

·
Registered
208 Posts
I put factory, but you did not really have the best choice for me. I use factory reloads. That is, I use a great local company Load-X (http://www.loadxammo.com/retailcat.html). They have their own factory loads, but you can also buy their reloaded ammo in bulk. It is the least expensive option for quality ammo in my neck of the woods. They go to gun shows and ship, so check it out some time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I shoot around 1000 centerfires round a month .. I couldn't afford to shoot factory
ammo.. Plus I custom taylor all my loads to what I need ... Target , hunting , defence ,
and plunking loads . You can't buy that and my ammo is higher quality the factory
can't match

·
Registered
842 Posts
Almost all reloads with lead bullets except last fall before the big jump in prices, I did buy a bit of 9MM and quite a bit of .45 ACP green box UMC on sale at Dicks.
Even carried it at times in my .45s.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Factory .357's....for now!

Right now it's cheap factory rounds. In about a month or so, I will be set up for reloading. At that point, I think I will go with jacketed bullets (ease of clean-up). I also want to replicate a less costly practice range rounds, which are close to my carry ammo in accuracy, but with less recoil. My PD carry rounds will stay factory - due to legal ramifications.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Reloads

All lead in 9mm and .38. Mostly lead but some jacketed in .45. .357 will be a combo of lead and jacketed reloads when I finish the factory I'm now shooting.

Factory ammo would cut my shooting by 50% due to cost.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
again, i'm suprised.....

Seen bunches of folks just buy any factory brand that is cheapest and on sale. Which ususally means wolf. pmc or s&b. Nothing wrong with that.

Nice to see a bunch of reloaders also. Though i thought costs might have driven the number of lead shooters higher.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Shoot mostly reloads with lead or jacketed. Lead in revolvers Jacketed in rifle and semi-autos

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
For me it's factory loads only. From a monetary perspective, I come out way ahead working a couple of extra hours of overtime vs spending the same amount of time reloading to save money (when I retire in a few years, it will be a different story)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mostly factory ammo. When I get to a gun show, I'll stock up on more common reload rounds. Most take cash, some will take a credit card.

Have one guy nearby we will buy from next for reloads, but I have a few calibers he doesn't load, all cash and return the brass.

Dana

1 - 20 of 22 Posts