Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I set my barreled action into the factory synthetic stock the receiver is perfectly flush at the rear, but the barrel is slightly elevated up front (only about 1mm). Then when I install the barrel band the rear of the reciever lifts out of the stock slightly by the same amount. Is this normal or do I have a slightly warped stock?

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
I just got a new 1151 myself. No problems yet except for the front sight having a burr on the left side of it. I need to punch it out and shave it off. It doesn't matter for sighting the rifle but it bothers me knowing it is there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isn't a new 10/22. It's my old one from 1985, and I finally got sick and tired of seeing fresh dings in every new factory wood stock I buy just because something in the safe decided to rub against it. The synthetic stock is ugly, but it's a lot more practical and honestly feels better despite its homely appearance. But the poor fit of the action in the stock is bugging the hell out of me. I'll gladly go buy another one if this one is slightly warped, but I wanted to be sure first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts