Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a new SR1911 (6722 model) with Novak sights and I know the windage can be adjusted, but what is the standard/factory zero it should be at for distance?

Been though Ruger's site and the owner's manual but can't find mention of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sights are generally mechanically zeroed by Ruger to the centerline of the bore. For adjustable rear sights, you'd need to go further by mechanically zeroing that so that elevation and windage are in the exact middle of each axis of travel.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the windage is fine, but I can't adjust elevation since I got the Novak sights.

I sent in the question to Ruger as well and got a reply now...
Thank you for your inquiry. Our SR1911 series firearms are targeted 2" grouping @ 15 yards off hand with a rest. We hope this helps answer your question.

Ruger Customer Service

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
That makes sense with my experience with the SR1911's I have. Anywhere from 10 - 15 yards, the POA and POI line up pretty well. After that, I have to put the onus on me anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 6722 9mm was @ 5” high at 25 yards using Winchester 124gr fmj or 124gr jhp ammo off the bench. I’d say since they’re sprung from the factory with 115gr loads in mind the sights are set for that load too.

Mine got a 14# recoil spring and then went to Novak’s for a taller front sight with a tritium insert. Now it’s shooting about an inch high at 25 yards. The beauty of fixed sights is they don’t move accidentally. The drawback of fixed sights is they can be a PITA to move intentionally.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It's probably 15 yards with 230 grain hardball ammo .
Different weights of bullets at different velocities will strike different places on a target.
Get an assortment of ammo , start at 15 yards and see what works .
A little testing will reveal your ammo of choice .
Gary

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine hits about 1.5 inches high at 7 yards, 4 inches high at fifteen and about 6 inches high at 25. Grouping was Very poor with the stock barrel. I fitted an Ed Brown and worked the trigger and now it is a tac driver but still shoots high if sights are used as intended. If you line up the dots it shoots a bit low but that takes a lot of time. Need a taller front but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts