Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a relatively new LCR 9mm that I want to sell. I have a dealer who buys used guns. Can anyone tell me a range of what would be a fair price for the gun.

Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The dealer is going to give you a trade-in price, like when you trade a car to a dealer. He will want to pay less for the gun than he would pay for a new one.
Are you trading the gun in for a new one from the same guy or do you want to sell the LCR outright? That may also affect what you get for the gun.
A new LCR 9mm goes for $400-500 these days on GB. The dealer may offer you $250-$300. Depends on condition, too.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I really don't know what your gun would bring. If it were a 38 spl or a 357 mag it would be easier to sell. People who like revolvers tend to like rimmed cases. I am not saying your gun is a bad gun. I am talking about what people want to buy. Think about it! Someone who is in the market for a 9mm is thinking semi auto. You can buy used Glock pistols today for $350. You problem is not price, it's finding someone who wants a 9mm revolver. In my experience, price is never the issue. If someone really wants your gun they will pay your price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Your posts are very helpful. I can now go to the dealer with a price in mind.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Of course you're likely to get more money selling by consignment, armslist.com, or even gunbroker.com than selling direct to a dealer. Maybe even list it here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course you're likely to get more money selling by consignment, armslist.com, or even gunbroker.com than selling direct to a dealer. Maybe even list it here.
I am sure that you are correct, but I am somewhat impatient, and so for the few extra dollars I might get using one of your suggestions, I would just as soon go to my dealer and get it done.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yup, that's the trade off. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts