Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**** FOR ALL OF THE PROCRASTINATORS OUT THERE, WE ARE EXTENDING THE CONTEST THROUGH DECEMBER 13TH**** :D

Guys & Gals ... While it's hard to believe, Summer is almost gone, Football has just begun, and we've got just enough time to squeeze in a contest before Thanksgiving.

Given that the last few contests have had minimal participation in the long gun divisions, this 7 Division event is just for Revolvers and Pistols (centerfire & rimfire) :). The contest rules and the 7 different division targets are listed below, so let's print them up and start punching that paper :). If you have any questions regarding the contest rules or targets, feel free to contact me via PM. Good Shooting To All!

Also, please note that in addition to the thrill of victory :D, each of the division winners will receive a special award icon that will be added to their signature :cool:.

RugerForum.net 2015 FALL CONTEST

Contest Dates: September 14th through DECEMBER 13TH

General Contest Rules
  1. Download and print the official 8.5” x 11” target for the specific division entered from the links below (pdf format).
  2. All pistol & revolver manufacturers are permitted.
  3. Shoot as many targets as you like & post your best target for each division entered (either a scan or digital picture is OK). You may upgrade your score once per division entered if you shoot a better target.
  4. The winner in each division will be determined by the best score. All ties will be broken by the number of hits in the “X” Spot
  5. As long as any part of the bullet hole breaks the “Target Circle” or “X Spot” it is scored as a good hit (does not include tears from outside the bullet hole).
  6. More than 2 shots (Divisions 1 - 4) or 3 shots (Divisions 5 - 7) in a single target will disqualify the target.
Division #1 Rules
  1. Centerfire pistols and revolvers with open/iron sights (maximum barrel length of 3.5”).
  2. One or Two hand standing (no support or rest of any kind).
  3. Calibers allowed: ALL Centerfire Calibers
  4. Two shots for each target on the page (total of 6 shots).
  5. Distance: 7 yards. Maximum possible score = 44 (6x)
Division #2 Rules
  1. Centerfire pistols and revolvers with open/iron sights.
  5. Distance: 10 yards. Maximum possible score = 44 (6x)
Division #3 Rules
  1. Centerfire pistols and revolvers with open/iron sights.
  5. Distance: 15 yards. Maximum possible score = 44 (6x)
Division #4 Rules (Centerfire Open Division)
  1. Centerfire pistols and revolvers with optics of choice.
  2. May shoot with support or rest of choice.
  5. Distance: 25 yards. Maximum score = 44 (6x)
Division #5 Rules
  1. Rimfire pistols and revolvers with open/iron sights.
  3. Calibers allowed: ALL .17 HMR & .22 ammo (short, LR & Magnum)
  4. Three shots for each target on the page (total of 9 shots).
  5. Distance: 10 yards. Maximum score = 66 (9x)
Division #6 Rules
  1. Rimfire pistols and revolvers with open/iron sights.
  5. Distance: 15 yards. Maximum score = 66 (9x)
Division #7 Rules (Rimfire Open Division)
  1. Rimfire pistols and revolvers with optics of choice.
  2. May shoot with support or rest of choice.
  5. Distance: 25 yards. Maximum score = 66 (9x)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
No rifle category? I don't own any handguns :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I havent got to shoot in a couple years. Have not had money to get a membership at a range. Im not allowed to shoot at my house due to land owner. I will buy membership at tax time

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Downloaded and set.

·
Super Moderator
16,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look at the bright side ... you now have 60 days to add one to your collection or better yet .... the opportunity to borrow one for the task at hand :)

Woo Hoo!! I'm in! Looks like fun - thanks Buck!
WF ... now that you and your eyes are a year older, do you really think you'll be able to still compete :D.

Glad to hear it :)

Downloaded and set.
Beware jeepnut ...The targets are tougher than they appear (ask me how I know) ;).

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
pistols,,, aaaw never mind its nice to watch you blokes compete i'll run the bets books and make the high tea sandwiches

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

I agree :(

I have mainly been focusing on long guns at ranges 300-600yd of late. In fact I just shot my first sniper match this past weekend where I scored a near perfect score at 600yd (9 X's out of 10, 100 out of 100pts).

Now I gotta break out the pistols again. Sadly out of practice.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Ok, I tried Division 1 today and lemme tell ya, it ain't easy. You think those circles are a piece of cake to hit, but just using two bullets to do it is a challenge!

·
Super Moderator
16,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I tried Division 1 today and lemme tell ya, it ain't easy. You think those circles are a piece of cake to hit, but just using two bullets to do it is a challenge!
JohnR ... As mentioned earlier, the targets are a bit tougher than they appear at first glance :)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I'd like to enter but think you need a "feeble senior's" catagory...our technique is a bit different....My favorite target shooting is to take a blank piece of white paper...put it at 10 feet...shoot a round and then draw the target bullseye around the bullet hole with a marker...High scores are my life...

I'll be waiting to hear or to be banned...whichever comes first.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks like a nice challenge... I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Lets get some points on the board...
I think this might actually be 5X as the black ring around the bullet hole passes into the X but I'm not terribly worried about it. I'm sure someone will end up beating my score. That's what I get for bringing the flat points instead of the semi wad cutters. Lol

·
Super Moderator
16,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lets get some points on the board...
TD ... Thanks for getting the ball rolling (nice shooting) :). I suppose you're going to want bonus points for hitting the "E" in Date as well :D

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
nice work talldrink the wagers books open the odds are still long but represent value in theses early days.

note joking i actually dont gamble just fun to follow this comp along

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.