Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys & Gals ... While it's hard to believe, Thanksgiving & Christmas are just around the corner and we've got just enough time to squeeze in the final contest of 2012.

The staff want's to thank everyone for their great contest suggestions, and while we couldn't include every nuance, we've come up with a 5 division contest that has something for everyone, including a division for military surplus rifles and our 1st ever battle between the Ruger P Series & SR Series pistols.

The contest rules and the 5 different division targets are listed below, so let's print them up and start punching that paper :). If you have any questions regarding the contest rules or targets, feel free to contact me via PM. Good Shooting To All!

Also, please note that in addition to the thrill of victory :D, each of the division winners will receive a special award icon that will be added to their signature :cool:.

Attachments

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Well, I've downloaded the targets, that's a start.
8.5" X 11", that's A4 size paper..... right?

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I'm gonna do it!

Or for Lousiana folk, do-dat! :D

This will be my first time and a have question.

Division 4: Are military surplus exclusively real miltary surplus or military rifles? I have a Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 w/ iron sights only. Can it be used in this division?

And I'm guessing there's no contest for anything not listed?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Great job on selecting the divisons! I'll be in Ephrata next week and the range is about two miles away from the house. Guess where I will be a lot of the time?

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Great job on selecting the divisons! I'll be in Ephrata next week and the range is about two miles away from the house. Guess where I will be a lot of the time?
I'm going to print mine 2-sided to save paper. :D

BTW - I figured out where Ephrata is. You can run, but you can't hide! :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Sounds like some good divisions Buck! Thanks for another contest. I was especially excited to see the SR/P-Series contest. Even though I dn't own either one of them, it will be interesting.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I hope you guys realize how smart MS Windows is! If you rightclick on the link instead of left clicking, you can select "Download target...".

How did they know we were going to be downloading targets??????? :confused: :D

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
OH, and when is the ending date? I have court the next few weeks and won't be able to make it out to the desert.
Just take your targets to court and shoot there. Tell them Buck said it was OK. :D:eek::rolleyes:

·
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I will clarify what can be included in the Military Surplus division by tomorrow *** SEE POST #20 FOR DETAILS ***

When is the deadline? And are iron sights ok for division 3? I don't like scopes.
December 16th deadline. I see no problem using iron sights in Division 3 (just not more than a 5x scope)

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Sounds like some good divisions Buck! Thanks for another contest. I was especially excited to see the SR/P-Series contest. Even though I dn't own either one of them, it will be interesting.
+1

·
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
... I was especially excited to see the SR/P-Series contest. Even though I don't own either one of them, it will be interesting.
We've discussed the advantages and differences between the SR Series and P Series for a long time, so I thought a practical demonstration was in order (got my P95 polished up and ready to go :D)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I will clarify what can be included in the Military Surplus division by tomorrow

December 16th deadline. I see no problem using iron sights in Division 3 (just not more than a 5x scope)
I only own a fixed 6X. :confused:

·
16,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Clarification on division #4 rifles

After discussing the issue with the member (303lithgow) that made the suggestion to have a military surplus rifle division, we have determined the following criteria regarding what rifles can be used in Division #4:

1. Any centerfire rifle that saw war.
2. Must be in military configuration but would include civilian versions like an M1A for an M14, or an AR15 for an M16, But NO target AR's or such.
3. Trigger work is allowed if stock parts were used, but NO aftermarket triggers.
4. All sights must be stock.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.