Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Nice family Bill! I know a large family can be hard to feed, so if things get a little rough, I'd be glad to adopt one from you.:D

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Hey Bill, since you have a 22/45 hunter and a Mark III, can you tell me if the barrels are swappable?

I am thinking about buying a 22/45 Hunter 4.5 and putting the barrel on a Mark III instead.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

Hey Bill, since you have a 22/45 hunter and a Mark III, can you tell me if the barrels are swappable?

I am thinking about buying a 22/45 Hunter 4.5 and putting the barrel on a Mark III instead.
I haven't a clue. I bought one in early Feb. and the other one about two weeks ago. Also, I don't get into much over loading and shooting. Sorry I can't help. :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I've heard one for each hand, but you've included the feet too!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jjfunk

The third one from the top looks like a MKII K512. Very nice shooters with silky actions once they are broken in. I'm still kicking myself for letting mine go. On the interchangeablitity of barrels, the MK series receivers will mount up to a 22/45 frame no problem, but going the other way, putting a 22/45 receiver onto an MK frame can be a little more problematic. The 22/45 receiver is "peined" at the factory on the slot which is used to grab the "lug" of the grip frame. If it was peined pretty tightly, it will be too tight to lock into the MK metal frame lug. I have modded one to fit, and it only took a few minutes though. However, once modded, the original 22/45 frame might not fit to the original 22/45 receiver as well, and may require a blast sheild.
I wish there were knowledgeable people on this list... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts