Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a comfortable holster to wear for years. I even purchased pistols to fit the holsters. A few months ago, someone mentioned fanny pack carry, I have never been a fan of fanny packs, I've always felt as if they were purses for men. Anyways, I bought a black one for my wife long ago on our trip to the Big Apple (NYC) and decided to try out fanny pack carry. I was actually very impressed with the comfort level of this, and started carrying the G27 this way every day since then. After a few days of carry, I noticed a magazine would fit nicely under the barrel to make a perfect square in the fanny pack.

Also, with a fanny pack, you won’t have shirt creep, or the accidental pistol falling out of the holster.

I also started carrying my cellphone, blockbuster card, and other junk I don't want bloating my wallet in the pack as well. Very Convenient. :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Keith, I like the fanny pack in the summer time when I wear t- shirts all the time. Been doing it for a number of years and you're right about being comfortable, secure and fast. With practice you can pull the zipper string and the gun is practically in your hand in a split second. Mine has 3 inserts for different sizes.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I used to wear one to work-carried tape and tools in it-but quit when I began CCW-to some it says "GUN"-and, in an urban area, is an attraction to a robber like a purse...no see 'um-no want 'um...if I did opt to carry one for all the good reasons above, I'd have an easily accessible backup to "reclaim" it with should someone get the drop on me and I had to give it up...I like more control and no attention at all...heavy t-shirt or polo shirt tails out and IWB...the comfort is in knowing I'm prepared, not the carry mode...I don't travel in a casual business environment and tails out can be a problem there, I know...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.