Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife will be gone today and I'm home alone today. Gonna fix some fast food on the grill. The beauty part of these critters is you don't have to skin 'em, just toss 'em on the grill before the flames die down completely and the fire will take the hair off right slick. Also will give the skin that nice blackened color fish lovers fancy. No use going to the trouble of gutting either since anybody that ever watched Jed and Granny Clampet on TV knows that possum innards is fine table fare and you might as well cook 'em together. I do suggest you clip the toenails off to keep from getting scratched when gnawing on the feets.
Now some of you folks may not have the refined taste for such exotic fare as this so it might be good to have some baloney, bread and mustard or maybe a frozen pizza on hand.:D
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Put on your heaviest cooking mitts-I see that grin and if he's playing possum he'll tear you a new orifice in about 2 seconds!! Looks kinda like my 8th grade math teacher...

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Better listen to ole Sheepdog btrumanj...he knows his possum. Does look like a tasty treat though.;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I guess it just kinda depends on how hungry you are.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
need some of that KC B-B-Q sauce, down here in the southern swamp, they'll eat anything they can catch. I've not been much on possum though, ever since the time I saw one crawl out the back end of a dead cow.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'll eat beef tripe and I love hog chittlins' (chiterlings for you non southern), but I refuse to eat a possum.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have eat alligator,rattle snake,sea turtle,whale,black bear,robbin(bird) meat.No way will I eat possum.I have seen what they eat.

Ed

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Well, being from KY, I have ate my fair share of critters that other people probably would not eat, but I draw the line at possum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts