Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to sending my LC9s back to Ruger for the mag release problem. Had not noticed it releasing on its own only a very few times (have 4 Made In USA mags, no Italian) but once it too many. Anyway, I mailed it back last Tuesday 8 Dec and it's back in my hands today, 14 Dec. I thought that was exceptional service. So here's what they did. Replaced grip frame, mag latch, mag latch spring, slide stop and slide stop spring. Says they fired 28 rounds of Black Hills through it with no malfunction. There never was a malfunction in firing, just the magazine release. Anyway, I didn't have a chance to get it to the range today myself. Maybe tomorrow. I love the pistol and want it to be my EDC along with my LCP sometimes. Just thought I'd post my satisfaction with how quick they got it back to me. Hey, and even threw in a new polishing cloth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ruger CS is great. I sent mine in and it was back in 7 days, fixed the slide not locking back after the magazine was empty and updated my year old LC9s to the current engineering spec.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to hear...just received a shipping label to send them my LC9. Same problem with the magazine dropping. Hoping for a fairly quick turnaround.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was really amazed at the fast turn around. And I'm sure you'll have the same experience, juram. I got to the range yesterday and put 160 rounds or my reloads through it using all four "Made In USA" mags and it functioned perfectly. So I suppose I'll forget trying to locate any Italian made mags. This is going to be my EDC plus my LCP sometimes and I want to have confidence in it. In all fairness to the pistol it has had almost a 1,000 rounds run through it and it has never failed to fire but I felt as if the magazine problem was worth addressing. This is a sweet shooter and definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sent my LC9s Pro back on February 26 for a FTF issue, and they've had it (according to Fedex tracking) since March 1. I'm not concerned about super-fast turnaround, I just want them to get it right. What I am wondering is if I will receive any communication from Ruger when they are finished and they ship it back, or does it just arrive without notification?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I sent my LC9s Pro back on February 26 for a FTF issue, and they've had it (according to Fedex tracking) since March 1. I'm not concerned about super-fast turnaround, I just want them to get it right. What I am wondering is if I will receive any communication from Ruger when they are finished and they ship it back, or does it just arrive without notification?

I got an email notification from Ruger when my SP101 was shipped back to me last November.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What I am wondering is if I will receive any communication from Ruger when they are finished and they ship it back, or does it just arrive without notification?
I didn't get a ruger notification but an email from fedex saying a package was on the way. just as good as far as i'm concerned, I just wanted a heads up when it was shipped so someone was available to sign for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got an email notification from Ruger when my SP101 was shipped back to me last November.
I didn't get a ruger notification but an email from fedex saying a package was on the way. just as good as far as i'm concerned, I just wanted a heads up when it was shipped so someone was available to sign for it.
Good to know, thanks. Either way is fine, just so I know when to expect it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also sent my LC9s back to have the frame replaced due to the Camo Peeling. Ruger's CS is top notch, My gun is coming home tomorrow, a quick week turn around

1 - 10 of 10 Posts