Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Nope. I'm having some frozen P.F changs for Thanksgiving. Yum!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not necessarily Thanksgiving food, but this thread got me thinking about the best steak I have probably ever eaten. Was at Jaks in Seattle. 303, have you ever eaten there?
No but I've eaten at the one in Issaquah. Good steak but the best steak I've ever eaten was at Cowboy Bob's in Kirkland. Not only was the steak good but the entire meal was finger licking good.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Best Steak for me was at Doe's Eat Place (That is the name) in Greenville, MS. Family owned and operated, In a beat up old house in a run-down neighborhood, They serve the finest Porterhouse Steak in one-two-three-or four lb cuts. As good or better than any 'big city steak house (and I have tried a lot of those). The son of the owner runs another "Does" in Paducah, KY...another winner. Runner up is Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. Great old style service, but I hate going near NYC at any time.

We don't fast anymore for the 'pre-holiday period'. "Usta did, but no more". The family did one dinner last Saturday at one of the kids home, and will do a second one this Saturday at another of the offsprings home. Nice break inbetween with our share of the leftovers about gone.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're fasting tonight on our traditional Thanksgiving Eve pizza :D

Mighty quiet out here tonight, everyone must be busy cookin' for tomorrow...
I'm more on the consuming end of the Thankgiving dinner. My sister-in-law spends days before preparing everything to feed 50 people. She is a gourmet chef and does everything to perfection. I always enjoy Thankgiving and Christmas. All I have to do is show up and eat. Everyone gets along and its one of the few times I'll take a drink.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I'm more on the consuming end of the Thankgiving dinner. My sister-in-law spends days before preparing everything to feed 50 people. She is a gourmet chef and does everything to perfection. I always enjoy Thankgiving and Christmas. All I have to do is show up and eat. Everyone gets along and its one of the few times I'll take a drink.
I'll bet everything is delicious too!

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i've read that you actually shrink the size of your stomach, and will fill up faster by not eating. therefore, i'm going to eat like a horse tonight, distend my stomach, and have light to medium breakfast to keep it in the right weight class.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.