Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I was wondering what your ideal carry pistol is? I have an SR40c which I love! But I'm thinking about getting something even smaller to carry since I wear slim fitting clothes mostly. I was looking at the LC9 for a possible carry gun. What do you all think?

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
#1 spec of concern, within reason, is the width of a firearm when it comes to concealment. Smaller does not always equal easier to conceal. That said, the LC9 being smaller than the SR40 may suit you well.

·
Registered
17,454 Posts
My new favorite carry piece is an XDs. Pretty much the same size as an LC9, but a little heavier. It's very accurate even out to 30 yards.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hey everyone!

I was wondering what your ideal carry pistol is? I have an SR40c which I love! But I'm thinking about getting something even smaller to carry since I wear slim fitting clothes mostly. I was looking at the LC9 for a possible carry gun. What do you all think?
I own both the SR9c and the LC9. I like both and either is great to carry. I prefer the LC9 more since it's both lighter and smaller than the Sr9c. I would "Highly" suggest that you at least dry fire one before you make your purchase. Preferably fire one. There's a few folks out there that aren't pleased with the long trigger pull on the LC9.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Beside just dry firing a smaller CCW pistol, try if at all possible to fire the real think with CD ammo.

I have fired the LC9 and it controllable. I've fired other small 9mm "easy to conceal" pistols and they can be a handful to control and quite painful.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have progressively smaller Ruger double actions for home and carry in different situations, but all are similar in operation and function. My house gun is a Ruger Alaskan in 44 mag. Followed by a 3" GP100 in a high ride Fobus holster (jacket required), then an SP101 in 38 special in a inside the pocket Safariland holster and last is a NAA 22 mag with oversized grips in a nylon pocket holster.

My wife's guns are all based on the Smith and Wesson Model 60 and Lady Smith. Smithy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the LC9 and CCW IWB and it is so comfortable that I forget I have it on.
It has a long trigger but I for one like it that way. I have about 600 rounds of different ammo through it and not a single miss fire or feed. Stick to the American made ammo with boxer primers and no problems.
For target I usually use the WWB fmj.
For SD I have been loading Win. Ranger-TS 147GR HP.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've carried a bunch, both job related and off duty. I finally settled on the CZ PO-1. Fourteen shot 9MM, accurate as any full size carry gun I've tried.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I got a Kahr CW45 a couple months ago and haven't looked back. I've carried a P345, PF9, Kahr K9, and Bersa UC45, and the CW45 has been just right for me.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I usually carry my Smith & Wesson 638/Crimson Trace. I only pocket carry, but sometimes carry my LC9/Crimson Trace. Its a little large for the pocket, but is definitely my favorite. My 638 is a compromise, as far as capacity, but carries better in the pocket. I also have pocket carried the LCP, and LCR. I have just started carrying a BUG, a Taurus PLY-22. Great little 2nd gun

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I've got the LCR 357 and am picking up the SR9c as another carry option.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
My ATI Titan 45 auto and a close second a S&W model 10-5 snubby.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I carry an LCR .38 in a Simply Rugged pancake holster in my front pants pocket. Amazingly, it doesn't "print".

This configuration doesn't work with all pants, but does with most. At 13 oz. (unloaded) you barely know its there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
LCR 22 or SP101 .357, depending on situation.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
For pocket carry, LC9. For iwb, SR9c. For the truck console, LCR .38. For hiking, LCR .22

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Carry gun LC9 ....favorite shooter SR40 and SR1911..

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.