Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite corporate logos ?( Shooting, Firearms, and Sporting Goods Industries only).

My top 3 are Ruger Dragon, Browning Deer, and Ducks Unlimited Duck Head:)

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Dragon? The Ruger logo is actually a Hawk, though some call it the Ruger Chicken. I only like the Ruger logo when it includes the "S". Leaving Alexander Sturm off of it is especially bad, considering he designed the original.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I only like the Ruger logo when it includes the "S". Leaving Alexander Sturm off of it is especially bad, considering he designed the original.
I whole heartly agree it should be S.R. and not just R.
I'm with you guys, removing the Sturm name just seems like bad form. I also prefer the old stacked SR logo 'cuz it looks kind of like a cattle brand to me.

I like the Savage logo as well.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
The Ruger logo is a Hawk. He was fond of Stutz cars, with their Bearcat and Blackhawk models. I believe the name Single-Six was derived from either a particular model or engine that Stutz made, too. Wasn't a big jump to name the Redhawk.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Colt, Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster, Sprigfield

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
logos

:)Ruger is a HAWK?? or PHOENIX?? I still say it's a dragon.:D All kidding aside, this is aninteresting topic and thread. So the "HAWK" explanation re; Bill Rugers love of cars is for real ??:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.