Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite gun quote? This doesn't have to be old like the ones I have below. But they are good examples, so lets see how many we can get stored on here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep honking- I'm reloading.... Warning Driver only carries $20.00 worth of ammo... If I had shot you when I wanted I would be out by now....

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Q. Why do you carry a gun? A. Because a policeman is too heavy.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." ~ Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
350 Posts
From a bumper sticker: "Come Back To Philly, We Weren't Shooting At You!"

·
Registered
314 Posts
This was on a bumper sticker-" My gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car." And, " I'd still rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, than get in a car driven by Ted Kennedy." Obviously out dated.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
John Wayne in his last movie role as John Bernard Books in The Shootist (1976)
This has been my personal motto ever since I saw this movie.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
a man was asked "you carry a gun, are you paranoid?" his answer "I have my gun, why would I be paranoid?"

"If I know I'm going to a handgun fight I'll take my rifle"

dated but, "Why a .45? because they don't make a .46"

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation!!
By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
From a bumper sticker: "Come Back To Philly, We Weren't Shooting At You!"
yep, that sounds like philly! ;) have family there and lived there for ten years myself. favorite of mine, though not gun-related was a license plate frame to go along with the slogan on the plate "you've got a friend in pennsylvania" --license plate frame said "but it's not me."

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
-- John F. Kennedy

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud

1 - 20 of 86 Posts