Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has favorite quotes. What are some of yours?
Here are some of mine by Will Rogers.

"We are all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can."

"Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip."

"People are marvelous in their generosity, if they just know the cause is there."

"The Lord so constituted everybody that no matter what color you are you require the same amount of nourishment."

"Civilization has taught us to eat with a fork, but even now if nobody is around we use our fingers."

"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

"I wonder if it isn't just cowardice instead of generosity that makes us give tips."

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion."

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
From the Movie The Outlaw Josey Wales:
Don't pi$$ down my back and try to tell me it's raining.

Yogi Berra:
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
"This is like deja vu all over again."
"I didn't really say everything I said."
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

"Due to the lack of interest, tomorrow is cancled"
"If my dog was that ugly, I would shave its butt and make it walk backwards" by I don't know

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves,
and, under a just God, cannot retain it."
-Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

·
Registered
58 Posts
"I used to eat natural foods, Then I found out most people died from natural causes."

George Burns, "I'd rather burn out than rust out".

Golda Meir. "We can forgive you for killing our sons and daughters but we can never forgive you for making us kill yours."

Another Golda Meir. "To be, or not to be is not a question of comprmise for us. We either be, or we don't be."

Best wishes, Bill

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
quote:Originally posted by white dog

Hey Rman, Yogi's are the best.
Makes you wonder sometimes if he was taking some of those 'performance enhancing drugs' way back then. (Or was he just dumber than a stump?):D

·
Registered
718 Posts
"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." "Don't get all wrapped up in living, you will not get out of this life alive."

"He who dies with the MOST toys, still dies."

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few More"

We are slaves of the law so that we might be free. (Cicero)

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil
interference. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. (George Washington)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than
the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable
for his actions. (Ronald W. Reagan)

"Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun
is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two
parking spaces." (Joseph T. Chew)

"A man who cares about nothing more than his own personal safety is a miserable creature
who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions
of better men than himself." (John Stuart Mill)

"We should refuse to live in a state which fails to recognize our fundamental right of self-defense!!
We should refuse to give that state our labor, our taxes, or any other support
for such an uncivilized and barbaric policy." (Jeff Thomas)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will probably annoy enough people
to make it worth your while!" (Herman Albright)

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." (Bill Cosby)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
(Abraham Lincoln)

"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it was Mark Twain who came out with my favorite:
"Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think you are a fool, than to open it, and prove them right."

"God must love stupid people, he made so damn many of them" (Don't know the author}

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totall worn out shouting "Holy crap what a ride"!!!! Author unknown

1 - 13 of 13 Posts