Ruger Forum banner

What is your favorite Ruger 9mm Semi-auto?

• P89

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • P95

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • SR9

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other (maybe there is one I don't know about)

Votes: 4 11.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is easy for me, since I have only shot one Ruger 9MM (My beautiful blue P95). I am curious what the more experience crowd here things.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Another happy P95 owner here. Not only do I love how the firearm performs, it's ergonomics and weight but it's aesthetically pleasing to me too just to look at. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
While I have shot a P89 (which started the Ruger love for me) I have to
say my new SS P95DC is the Ultimate autoloader.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
P89 over the P95 any day. But I haven't shot a SR9 yet, only held one once. But it held like a million dollars! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I made Sergeant! I am not sure whether it is because of my post count, or because I finally have my own Ruger.

·
Registered
401 Posts
P89, but I'm biased...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love the P95DC. Have two of the wee beasties. One in blue and one in stainless steel. Accurate and dependable.

Just purchased a Ruger SR-9 and one of the newer ranch rifles in .223. Will test them when the weather lifts. 14 inches of snow in the last 24 hours. Follow that up with surpassing all snow total records for this area and one can see why range testing is having to wait a while.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, somebody voted for other. Is that because:
1. there is another Ruger 9MM semi that I don't know about
2. someone misunderstood (maybe voted for a 9mm/moon clipped revolver)
3. someone is being a wise guy
4. some other reason (might as well put a 4th option here to)

·
Registered
288 Posts
This one is easy for me, since I have only shot one Ruger 9MM (My beautiful blue P95). I am curious what the more experience crowd here things.
I really like my new KP 89.........my first nine in 32 years of collecting..... That may be because I like the KP 90...both guns virtually identical. P95 felt not "quite right" to me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a toss-up between my KP93DAO and my KP95DAO. Both are reliable, accurate. Just point and pull -- no locks, no levers, nor any other needless nonsense.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I voted other because I only have a P85, the Daddy of the P series. Not a target pistol by any means but at 7 to 10 yds it shoots close enough to where I point it to take care of most situations I might encounter and it has never failed to feed, fire or eject with anything I've put through including hollow points and my home brewed cast bullet reloads. To be honest though, for a concealed carry pistol, I'd like to upgrade to a P95. I've shot one belonging to friend and really like it:)
Baker

1 - 17 of 17 Posts