Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of hard for me to pick my favorite. I have some brush guns with open sights that I like, and others with scopes that I like for target or long range shooting. I like some of the fiberoptic and low light sights. They help us old people see a little better.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith, that is one fine scope. If I had one of those on my 30-06 I'd be ready to start shooting things over in the next county.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I enjoy long range shooting. I am trying to get this rifle setup for at least 700m. I've added a national match two stage trigger and currently looking into free floating barrel options, such as that on the AR10T.

·
Registered
122 Posts
nice ArmaLite, my longest range sofar is 450 yards with the AR i built, 24" bull barrel ff tube, the rest of its run of the mill lower parts, it was easy enough to hit a 2"x2" target, a 2 stage trigger would be a nice upgrade though.

Keith whats the pull on it now with that trigger?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Although I haven't tried them yet, I'm thinking of installing ghost ring sights on one of my Marlin lever actions.

What's the opinion of those of you, if anyone, that have used them before?

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I like 'em. I prefer ghost ring over standard iron sights anyday. To me it is much easier and faster to align centers than to match up tops. I had them on my Benelli .12 ga and going to put them on my HK Fabarm .12 ga soon.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ledberel...

Got em' on my 44-40 Win 92 that I walk the woods with...they're fast. I also use reciever sights whenever I can. I'd suggest you try 'em...bet you'll really like it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I love an apperture sight. They are quick and easy to line up. I had one on my Savage 99 but went to a scope because of failing eyesight. I still have a set on my Model 71 and of course all surplus arms.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Tn gun runner...that's gotta be the most beyooooootiful wood I've ever seen on a rifle....did you do the stocks yourself...tell us all about that rifle......it deserves it's own post.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tn gun runner...that's gotta be the most beyooooootiful wood I've ever seen on a rifle....did you do the stocks yourself...tell us all about that rifle......it deserves it's own post.....
You took the words from right out my mouth. Maple is just beautiful.

Molon Labe

Kim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts