Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, ran some of this over the chrono. From a 4.9" Beretta, it averaged 1123 fps. This is within about 5 fps of the Fed Champion that is also sold at WalMart (though tested on diff days). So it's pretty normal plinking stuff, just cheaper.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
FYI, ran some of this over the chrono. From a 4.9" Beretta, it averaged 1123 fps. This is within about 5 fps of the Fed Champion that is also sold at WalMart (though tested on diff days). So it's pretty normal plinking stuff, just cheaper.
Good info. Thanks. I've fired more than a 1000 rounds of the stuff with no issues.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My Walmart doesn't have the 9mm, but plenty of the 40s&w. The 40 shoots real well also.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have shot aluminum cased ammo for years and it is fine.
The Federal Aluminum has only been out a year or two. Blazer Aluminum 115gr only goes 1065 fps when I tested it. It's not a huge difference, but it made Blazer Aluminum the weakest commercial 9mm ammo I've tested in terms of muzzle energy. And while the actual difference might not be that much, 320 ft-lbs of energy sounds a lot better than 290 ft-lbs. ;)

However, it's always shot just fine for me as well. Though I've used more of the Blazer 124gr than the 115gr for some reason, just happened to be more available I guess.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have never shot any aluminum case ammo. I usually get brass case ammo in bulk. I should buy a box of aluminum case ammo just to see if my guns will eat it. To be honest I have never seen any aluminum case ammo in this area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts