Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I thoroughly enjoyed Federal's rebate - buy 2 boxes of Federal Premium rifle ammo, and get a free Buck 110.

It looks like they are back at it this year, but, its now "buy $90 of Federal Premium rifle ammo, get a free Knives of Alaska Cub Bear"

The deal last year was stellar, and resulted in me buying some nosler partition ammo when the sale prices hit. This this year's offering still seems to be a good deal, but I'm not familiar with Knives of Alaska, and the Cub Bear knife. Was wondering if others can offer their opinion on its quality, and usefulness as a deer/field knife. Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have one of their fixed blades. Their knives may not be glitzy, but they are high quality made for hunters and fishermen. Their use of D2 steel is excellent, and their blades are designed to hold an edge for at least a few animals. The handle materials don’t slip, even when covered in blood or fish slime. I just bought some federal ammo, so I’ll jump on this offer. Thanks for the heads up, too. Grrr. I bought the ammo in july, so no knife for me. :-(

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,575 Posts
I was printing out the rebate form to get ten bucks back on two boxes of Non Typical when I saw the knife promo. That sweet little blade is $64.99 from the manufacturer. The leather sheath looks nice too. I'm going to do it. I can buy $90.00 worth of Federal Vital Shock Nosler Partitions and Ballistic Tips (with some True Ball Deep Penetrating slugs thrown in) and get a really cool knife in the bargain. Federal sure knows how to sell to knife and ammo hoarders!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts