Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LC9s pro and recently came upon a 1000 box of Federal Hi Shoks. While they aren't the best ammo in terms of expansion, they are a decent balance between price (around 32 cents each) and performance (they are JHP). I like to carry the same ammo that I practice with, if possible.

Recently I had a couple of Hi Shok's jam during extraction. Reracking the slide fixed it in both instances, though obviously I'd like to avoid jamming going forward.

Is this a situation where polishing the feed ramp or other work on the pistol might fix the problem? Or do I just need to abandon the 9BP ammo?

Thanks !

Steve

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
That would be my guess, I had Ruger polish my feed ramp, they also ground down the leading edge to give it a smoother transfer...do you have a Hogue type Slip Grip on your firearm?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I don't have a slip grip - what is it?
It's just a rubber sleeve that covers the grip, make's feel a little better but it can interfere with the magazine if not trimmed, that can cause the feeding issue.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:rolleyes: A tighter - firmer grip of the gun might help ... i.e. Less chance of limp-wrist failure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts