Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Rugers are in the Fed Prison system gun room yet Are some P 89 and P 95 . My son just went through training at the FLETC he herd they will getting Glock 17 . Also where he is at their are some Mini 14 around yet.:)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Someone else mentioned to me that they saw several Ruger pistols (9mm's) and Mini-14's in a federal prison armory last year...they were in IL!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ruger will get the job done . I have AR to shoot but have always like the Mini 14 system I had a nice clean G/B stainless but sold it for big bucks some time ago . Now I picked a a like new 197 series with dark looking wood and a dull blue .

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I know one Indiana state prison that still has Mini-14s in their guard towers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They still have Ruger here in PA he went out around the wire the other night had a Ruger P95 with him . Also spoted with their big lights 65 deer 11 bucks around .

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My son did tell me they got new Smith M/P 9 for there new side arm . I said how many did you see when they came in he said , a lot .

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can't speak to the federal system, but this 187 series was surplussed from the NC prison system.

It got a makeover...

Shoots quite well - 100 yards

·
Registered
913 Posts
great looking mini14..........shoots great as it looks! Love the wood stock minis!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts