Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my friend and I used 22 LR Winchester 555 bulk ammo. We usually use Federal Champion 22LR. We had no choice because Big 5 Sporting Goods decided to stop carrying Federal. So today at the range we realized that Winchester was dirty and inconsistent. We kept having to adjust our scopes due to it not landing wear it was initially hitting. While Federal we adjusted our scopes only to tune our scopes and we didn't have to touch it even after multiple range visits with Federal ammo. So Federal is our ammo of choice. Winchester is GARBAGE!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have not had much success with Winchester 555 bulk or Remington Golden bullet bulk. Federal bulk works better than those 2, but Mini-Mags work best for me in all my guns.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Have not tried the 555 bulk pack but did fire 100 rds of Winchester Super X today with excellent results.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You didn't say what gun you were using. Strange, but Winchester 555 has worked well in my daughters pink 10/22. So I got a bunch. It also shoots well in my Single Six.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My friend 10/22 Elysium (Clerke) Stainless 16" Barrel and I was using my 10/22 SS Standard 18.5" Barrel. Both have KIDD Trigger job install and bipod. As I have stated I used Federal Champion JHP and forgot to mention that I used CCI Minimags as well both shoot with very accurate results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts